View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:46 pm

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
 Returning player - help appreciated 
Selling plater

Post Returning player - help appreciated
Hi all,

I am a returning player, having played all of the previous Starters Orders games. Now that SO7 is out of Beta I have just bought the game this evening and can't wait to finally get started.

Before I dive in and start a new game, I'm just after a bit of guidance/tips regarding a few different aspects of SO7.

1. Do I start a new game as flat only or jumps only or even mixed? what is the best way to go about it? ultimately I'm playing the game to develop horses good enough to be competitive in the league.

2. What is the best schedule available? I am looking at UK and Ireland as well as the other famous races worldwide.

3. Are there mods available for jockey/trainer portraits? I like to set the games up as realistic as possible right from the get go.

4. Any advice on anything else in the game would be appreciated.

Cheers

Mark

Thu Nov 14, 2019 8:29 pm
Handicapper

Post Re: Returning player - help appreciated
I'd start a game using UK flat w/o league flag set. Also, use easy difficulty. That schedule is the most played and debugged in beta. So right now near release day, it should be the one with less surprises.

There are changes in how pace seems to work in the races. Also, breeding is quite different, and how you acquire horses is too. League flag hides bars, and you want to see those detail horse stat bars while you play for a bit to get a feel for the changes. Play that game until you feel comfortable you can effectively breed and test your barn with the changes.

Then for league, I'd start a new game with league flag using whatever schedule works best to produce and test what type of horse you want for league. I'm not one to ask on that, as I don't play league. I'd keep it on easy difficulty since if the goal is to produce the best league entrants as fast as possible, why take a negative hit on breeding results?

Have fun!

Fri Nov 15, 2019 2:28 am
Group 1 winner

Post Re: Returning player - help appreciated
While you are starting a new game - look for the small red 'League Box' and click on it. If you do not click on this box your horses will be ineligible to race in the League.

Sun Nov 24, 2019 8:59 am
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]