View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 11:45 am

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
 2D Graphics 
Selling plater

Post 2D Graphics
I have not purchased SO7 due to the fact when I tried to play SO6 my laptop couldn’t handle the 3D graphics so I went back to playing SO5. I would love to be able to play SO7 with all it new features and wondered if it would ever be possible to bring back the old 2D graphics as an option for those of us that struggle to be able to run the 3D ones.

I personally referred the more basic 2D ones and if there was an option of being able to use those in the new game I would buy it now.

Wed Dec 11, 2019 5:29 pm
Site Admin

Post Re: 2D Graphics
Actualy this is something that has been considered. There are still a large number of people who can't run the game correctly. There is also another group who actualy prefer a more basic 2d race sequence. I have some sympathy with this. Check back in a few months.

Wed Dec 11, 2019 6:42 pm
Handicapper

Everybody sees things differently but the two massive disappointments for me with SO7 was the lack of changes to the schedule (criminal oversight) and also the graphics and course models etc hadn’t been improved slightly, not going back the other way to 2d, seems Mark has out loads of options on to tune down the graphics and my pretty basic works laptop ran the game fine with options turned down

I ride myself quite a bit, especially jumping and the graphics really add to the experience

Thu Dec 12, 2019 1:51 am
Selling plater

Thanks for the reply Mark and I hope you can up with something that allows people of using the old 2D graphic option.

Cuzer as you say it is all different opinions and I personally prefer the old race sequence, partly down to the fact as I say I am not able to enjoy the full 3D experience due to my laptop and also because I just don’t need all the fuss of the new ones.

As for the schedule I can’t comment on SO7 as I don’t have it but agree that in previous versions the original one is quite out of date and limited. People do make a lot of effort making their own ones have you tried the mods section?

I have recently updated the SO5 jumps schedule including races like the new mares and veteran race series and a few other handicaps etc. Also updated prize money for many races. I know there are probably not many people still playing SO5 but happy to share if anyone would like it.

Thu Dec 12, 2019 8:26 am
Site Admin

To be clear any 2d option would be a spin off product aimed only at those who can't use or don't want the 3D option. It will not affect the current Starters Orders 7.

Thu Dec 12, 2019 12:15 pm
Handicapper

Appreciate the clarity Mark and good to hear

Yeah I’ve looked at a few mod schedules and use one, just feel the option to send your horses to bigger events overseas, added to the UK schedule is all that’s required, a case of mixing up what is already there

Thu Dec 12, 2019 12:27 pm
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ]