View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 1:05 am

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
 Is it just my game ? 
Handicapper

Post Is it just my game ?
Is it just my game or is it a bug. I have had this situation crop up several times but this time is the final straw. I have a filly that went unbeaten as a 2 yo winning 3 races 2 at 5 furlong and one at 6. 3 year old campaign came 2 nd in group 3 at 7 furlong and the form was good but looked like a mile would help. Ran in the 1000 guines and won well, it looked like I ve got a good horse here. Ran in the Falmouth and won well again beating some good older mares. So decided to run her in the Sussex as she had beaten a lot of the horses already and was fit to go. The conditions were perfect for her but she finished well beaten back in 9 th., with the jockey saying after the race that she was out classed, OUT CLASSED!
Thought might have been a blip so run again group one , well beaten, thought perhaps might need further so run over 1 mike 2 f, well beaten. I know horses sometimes don’t train on but surely the don’t go from a world beater to a claimer. If this is s bug it needs sorting because it spoiling the game for me.

Tue Jan 14, 2020 12:44 pm
Selling plater

Post Re: Is it just my game ?
Well from my point of view that is possible and even has real life examples. There is a big difference from each year and also from own sex to open company. Seems to me you have a very good filly at group level when in her own sex but not in open company. Not a bug.
See laurens in real life. looked a monster at 3 against her own sex and replicated it a couple of times as a 4yo against her own sex but looked outclassed every time against the boys in open company. It can happen. Just aim her at the mares races over 7-1m2 and see how many you can get

Tue Jan 14, 2020 2:52 pm
Group 3 winner

Post Re: Is it just my game ?
I think wharrigan is spot on with remaining to female races. Also it depends on how good the 3yo's are in that season when they take on older horses. Plus your mare may be an early maturer and because I only play league mode I'm unsure of the other stats but I'm fairly sure one is deterioration of some kind. I look at the bars and regardless enter my horses high and hope and watch them run, see what happens. If it goes to sh** then it's breeding barn as long as they have potential.

Wed Jan 22, 2020 4:18 am
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]