View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 3:33 pm

Reply to topic  [ 12 posts ] 
 Can someone tell me if SO7 il really playable ? 
Selling plater

Post Can someone tell me if SO7 il really playable ?
Hi all,

(sorry if there is mistake in english, i'm french)

I'm a SO player since the third edition, my prefered edition is the number 5. Because i don't like the 3d graphics of the 6 ! I tried SO7 but it was at the start, and the game was clearly unplayable.

When i received the email for SO7 CLASSIC it was a great surprise for me, but the question is: is SO7 always a good game ? and playable ? without ton of bugs ?

Thanks a lot for your feedback.

Flo

Mon Feb 24, 2020 1:41 pm
Group 1 winner

Post Re: Can someone tell me if SO7 il really playable ?
Yes it is. Haven't had a crash for months. Game is also better. Breeding is more challenging and ai stays competitive

Tue Feb 25, 2020 2:22 pm
Group 3 winner

If people don't like the game now then they never will, i'd say they should play another game. It's the most realistic game we've had and I was a big critic at the start.

Tue Feb 25, 2020 3:11 pm
Selling plater

Thanks a lot for your feedback guyz, i'm sure Mark made a lot of improvements since the beginning, but i think it's a good thing to hear player's advice.

If you tell me it's a good game, i trust you and will purchase it !

Tue Feb 25, 2020 3:52 pm
Handicapper

The game is in good working order. It was the right time to call it as out of beta. Mark is still working on some polishing. But it is very playable. It was ready for release. I'm on PC SO7 though not Classic SO7. It works.

Will you like the changes? It does play differently from SO6. It is a slower game and there is more variety between the difficulty levels than in previous games. I think that helped, as some people wanted a more relaxed game with many wins for more fun (Easy). And some people wanted a more difficult and realistic sim game (Hard), and others just wanted to not "beat" the game so quickly as before once they knew how it worked (Normal). So by setting the difficulty you can get the game to play more to your liking.

Wed Feb 26, 2020 2:37 pm
Selling plater

I have purchased the classic game after never getting into SO6 because i preferred the old 2D graphics. There are loads of new features which are great but I must admit I have been left completely frustrated with the jumps game. The schedule is basic prize money is inaccurate and I get so frustrated with the ratings which ruins the whole game. Feature handicaps like the grand national and handicaps at cheltenham with runners of ratings of 79 just ruins it for me and i cant play it. The game seems to progress with lots of new features which are great but I just wish the basics would be sorted.

Back to SO5 for me.

Wed Feb 26, 2020 9:55 pm
Selling plater

Don't waste your money is my advice, I have had every version of SO since the beginning & SO7 is the worst in my opinion.
See my post : http://www.startersorders.com/phpBB2/vi ... 19&t=18946

Fri Feb 28, 2020 5:21 pm
Selling plater

Quote:
Back to SO5 for me.

I played SO5 for years but SO7 is much better is almost every way. I had a big problem with quality of Group races in SO5 and various other realism issues. People complaining that jumps is worse in SO7 must have their blinkers on! You do get some lowly rated horses at the foot of the handicap in some feature races though but I think this has always been the case.

The biggest change with SO7 is that the computer trainers now breed from the same pool available to the player. This makes the game harder and it can be frustrating but rewards commitment with games holding interest much longer. If you like the level playing field with breeding you will like SO7. If older games had the right difficulty for you then maybe you won't.

I used to restart games frequently with previous versions and now I stick with them much longer. Each to his own.

Fri Feb 28, 2020 5:52 pm
Group 2 winner

I have respected and loved playing every Starters Orders Series but for me I have to say Starters Orders 7 has to be the best one I ever played, so you see Falbravv, some people want to play SO7 game like they played SO6, but the only problem is they are not the same games, so if you buy SO7, change your game play and you will enjoy SO7 and every aspect of the game, but a lot of people will fined it easier to trash the SO7 then change their game play to suite how the author created it to be played, but as always I have to say to each their own, so Falbravv, you have to ask yourself this question? "I won't know till I buy it".
So are you going to buy SO7 Falbravv??
I got to know 8)

Fri Feb 28, 2020 8:06 pm
Selling plater

I do think the game looks great and love all the new features and perhaps I need to remember that is what it is a ‘game’ but for me the main thing is realism and I feel the jumps side of the game is a bit of a let down. No graded races for novices is a big disappointment and the rating system is floored. I managed to edit the S05 schedule to get it how like it by reducing all field sizes in major handicaps like the grand national to 25 runners and similarly with the Cheltenham handicaps which kind of worked in terms of ensuring 80 rated horses were not able to run but I just feel I shouldn’t have to do this.

As everyone says it is each to their own but I can’t see how I am looking through blinkers when I say the jumps game has not progressed at all unless someone can enlighten me to what I am missing?

Sat Feb 29, 2020 7:46 am
Group 1 winner

davidharvey84 wrote:
I do think the game looks great and love all the new features and perhaps I need to remember that is what it is a ‘game’ but for me the main thing is realism and I feel the jumps side of the game is a bit of a let down. No graded races for novices is a big disappointment and the rating system is floored. I managed to edit the S05 schedule to get it how like it by reducing all field sizes in major handicaps like the grand national to 25 runners and similarly with the Cheltenham handicaps which kind of worked in terms of ensuring 80 rated horses were not able to run but I just feel I shouldn’t have to do this.

As everyone says it is each to their own but I can’t see how I am looking through blinkers when I say the jumps game has not progressed at all unless someone can enlighten me to what I am missing?

Horses mature later 7, 8, 9 in some cases. You need to progress horses through novice ranks else they don't run well. I don't have this problem with handicaps. There is no way horses rated 80 get into any Cheltenham handicaps or the grand national. They got to be way over 100. Jockey's now have stats, and it makes a massive difference who is riding your horse. AI now breeds its own horses, which means the ai is competitive for way longer.

It's way better if you want to win all the group 1's after 10 seasons keep playing the old SO's. If you want satisfication from winning a group/grade 1 race even after 40 seasons, because it isn't so easy to dominate the game, then SO7 is the only game to play

Sat Feb 29, 2020 11:03 am
Selling plater

I am all for the tougher challenge just want a polished jumps game.

Have you tweaked your schedule at all to make the handicaps have higher ratings? I wondered if it takes a few seasons for the horses to filter through?

Sat Feb 29, 2020 12:15 pm
Reply to topic   [ 12 posts ]