View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed May 01, 2024 12:53 pm

Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 
 Starters Orders 7 IOS - Selling 2YO at sales 
Selling plater

Post Starters Orders 7 IOS - Selling 2YO at sales
After many attempts I’ve finally managed to overcome the tiny budget and start breeding on the IOS app. I have a few yearlings and an un-raced 2YO that I want to sell. However, I can’t seem to find a way to actually enter the horse into the 2YO sales? The only option I can see is to enter a reserve in the horse options tab and click the small blue button, of which nothing seems to happen and the horse doesn’t appear to be added to any of the sales?

If anybody could provide some help on what I should do, it would be appreciated a lot.

** this is a jumps campaign for reference.

Thu Apr 02, 2020 12:33 am
Group 3 winner

Post Re: Starters Orders 7 IOS - Selling 2YO at sales
They are, in the PC game anyway, added to the sales at the end of that day's racing (where the winners of selling and claiming races are sold). They do not go into the actual 2yo sales

Thu Apr 02, 2020 9:03 am
Selling plater

Nice one thank you. At least I can stop hunting around for something that isn’t physically possible haha. I take it the sales are purely for purchasing only, and you cannot physically see the auction taking place for your own horse regardless of age etc?

Thu Apr 02, 2020 10:36 am
Selling plater

Also, could somebody please advise if an unraced 2YO is still classed as an unraced 2YO when it moves into your racing stable at the end of the season (jumps?). I cannot seem to attract any buyers regardless of reserve price. Or does it have to turn 2 within the breeding barn, and be sold directly from there?

Thu Apr 02, 2020 10:49 am
Handicapper

On the day you enter your horse into an auction, you will need to go to the racecourse. Skip each race, and when all races are over, the auction page will appear. Click on the tab for your horse as if you are going to bid on it. Then start the auction. You can then watch the bids on your horse as they happen. This is I believe correct for the PC game anyway.

Age of horses changes once a year, on January 1st, and this is for all horses irrespective of where they are in your yard. Same applies in the real world.

Thu Apr 02, 2020 10:58 am
Selling plater

Thank you mate, appreciate the help. I know about horses classed as being a year older from 1st Jan, I was just unsure if them being moved to by racing stable effected their ‘unraced’ status.

Thu Apr 02, 2020 11:52 am
Handicapper

I see you are playing a jumps game. If you already have knowledge of horse racing you will understand bumpers (NH Flat racing) and how to develop your horses using them. If not ask, or research the forum.

I am still playing the game I started with (flat and jumps on easy mode) and will soon reach season 12. I kept all the original horses the game dealt me, and I play this game in micro detail because I am retired and have loads of spare time. I understand the need to build up your bank balance to get the stable add ons and I did the same. But once you have a breeding barn money starts to be less of an issue. In season 11, I have £16m and nothing to spend it on. I am now breeding 30 horses a year with the intention of keeping only six. But I am also keeping them longer before selling. I have found I generally get more for an unraced 2yo than a yearling. And the horses do change as they get older. Ok, it's still in the breeding and an average horse will not suddenly become a world beater. But often the horses stats will change a little from when they sit in your breeding barn to when they hit your racing yard on Jan 1st as 2yo. Suddenly that yearling you thought would be great on the flat has lost a little speed and so now will only be decent. You can get a bit of that back with their early training, but it's the jumpers I find that really develop. I have had quite a lot of horses that suddenly grow into real decent prospects (for me anyway as the way I have played this game means I don't often rise above the world of sellers and claimers). I guess in seasons 15 to 18 I will know and maybe some will be competent in C3 or C2. What I can say is that back in seasons 6 and 7 when I had my delivery of foals, I would have sold all of these horses as yearlings on the basis their stats were not good enough.

All I am saying is that once you no longer need to sell, keep them a bit longer because potential jumpers take a while to show what they are made of. Other more experienced players may be able to add comment to this - I am only passing on what I have found, and as I said, I have low expectations anyway !!

Thu Apr 02, 2020 1:43 pm
Selling plater

Thank you very much! Yes I am a fan of jumps racing and understand how they work. The game definitely seems to be around patience, and i have already seen improvements in my horses just through giving them a season to develop (went from being 5/6 in a C4 handicap chase to winning a listed handicap chase at the Cheltenham festival). And that’s just through a couple days of playing. Hopefully the three yearlings I currently have will bring me some money when they turn 2! Appreciate the message.

Thu Apr 02, 2020 5:46 pm
Selling plater

Last edited by calzy8 on Thu Apr 02, 2020 5:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thu Apr 02, 2020 5:46 pm
Reply to topic   [ 9 posts ]