View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:27 am

Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 
 Newbie advice! 
Selling plater

Post Newbie advice!
Ok so I have done a fair bit of research on this game etc.
I have my game set up with around £80mill in bank (thank you unraced 2yos)
I have been keeping hold of yearlings I think look good and trying to race them.

So first question:
What too look for in a good horse - I’m looking at high potential (how high is needed?), good finish application, good extra speed & cruising speed - trying to avoid no confidence horses. Any tips on this approach would be great.

2nd question:
When I think I have a good horse & put them in a maiden some win by 3/4 lengths, what is the approach I should take as a racing schedule after that as I have tried listed races and they get outclassed or group 3 races do the same. I fear I have ruined some class horses I have gotten by racing them all wrong.

Any other advice on this would be great.. cheers everyone!

Wed Apr 01, 2020 6:20 pm
Group 3 winner

Post Re: Newbie advice!
Howdy

You have it about right with attributes. Potential as high as you can make it, in fact all as high as you can get. Cruising burst maxes out at 85%.
Really raise what ever stats you can, but the ones you mentioned are the primary ones, i would include "Acceleration" also.
Confidence is not a stat i have seen make alot of difference. I avoid "Quirks" and low "consistency". Lack of consistency will cause alot of "did not quicken" and other similar issues.

I dont expect my 2yo's to do alot before they have raced 5 times in maidens unless you have a monster.
I will run some in feature races but never get disappointed if they do not win.
Many average 2yo's can go on to make good 3yo+ horses, and visa versa.
I dont think you can "ruin" a horse with the races you choose. Some of my long distance 2yo's want to run miles but i only have the short maidens to enter them in, and they do fine when they turn 3.

Cheers

Thu Apr 02, 2020 12:53 am
Handicapper

hello guys,

i dont know where else to post this but im struggling to enter the online league in 5 days time. i have alot of questions so here we go.

i have both starter orders 6 and 7 and so which one do i load when there is online racing.

wheres the link to download the 2 schedules and where do i paste them in game, i cant figure that out.

when the league begins where do i go into the game and press league mode?

also my game keeps crashing aswell and it gets really annoying.

any help would be much appreicted and also i have already looked through the online forums and im still confused!

ryan

Sun Apr 05, 2020 4:53 am
Group 3 winner

jockeyryan321 wrote:
hello guys,

i dont know where else to post this but im struggling to enter the online league in 5 days time. i have alot of questions so here we go.

i have both starter orders 6 and 7 and so which one do i load when there is online racing.

wheres the link to download the 2 schedules and where do i paste them in game, i cant figure that out.

when the league begins where do i go into the game and press league mode?

also my game keeps crashing aswell and it gets really annoying.

any help would be much appreicted and also i have already looked through the online forums and im still confused!

ryan

Howdy Ryan

First thing is your game must have been started in "League Mode". This is different to a normal single player game. It is an option you must select when starting a new game.
FYI the league is run outside of SO7 with exported horse files uploaded to the TOM website which controls all things League.

This post should help you if you have a "League Mode" game.
http://www.startersorders.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=16901

Once you KNOW you have a league mode game and you have read that post and then feel free to ask any more questions.

Far as your game crashing, you would need to provide more info i think.

Sun Apr 05, 2020 5:27 am
Handicapper

Hi,
do i start a new game and press league mode, which place do i choose which jump/flat and what about the difficulty.
this is really confusing because when i press league mode and go into it, it’s just like a normal bot game.

i have exported a few horses but i don’t know if they will qualify? the horses are home bred so i don’t know.

any more help of everything to do would be a great help.

also it crashes when i load into a irish jump owners game and sometimes it crashes when i’m in a middle of a season.

Sun Apr 05, 2020 6:51 pm
Group 1 winner

jockeyryan321 wrote:
Hi,
do i start a new game and press league mode, which place do i choose which jump/flat and what about the difficulty.
this is really confusing because when i press league mode and go into it, it’s just like a normal bot game.

i have exported a few horses but i don’t know if they will qualify? the horses are home bred so i don’t know.

any more help of everything to do would be a great help.

also it crashes when i load into a irish jump owners game and sometimes it crashes when i’m in a middle of a season.

Make Sure you have Highlighted League Below (Play UK Combined) Ireland Dont Work Properly

When you Save and go to Load your Game it Should Say League Like Below at The End

Gray

Sun Apr 05, 2020 7:34 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Handicapper

ok thanks,

when the league starts do i load into that game?

Mon Apr 06, 2020 12:34 am
Group 3 winner

jockeyryan321 wrote:
ok thanks,

when the league starts do i load into that game?

Please read this post... http://www.startersorders.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=16901

To enter the league you MUST have started a game in league mode (as shown by Simpleminds reply). You cannot just convert a previous NON League mode game, it must be started in the league mode.
Then over time you will have played the game and breed up horses.
This you are doing PRIOR to the league season beginning.
Now that the league season is soon to start you will follow the instructions in the post i have linked to above.

The league runs on exported horse files you have created and uploaded to the league website.
The league races are run by a wonderful group of volunteers using the horse files that you have uploaded to the website and then the videos of the races are uploaded to a Youtube channel for your viewing pleasure.

I hope this helps.

Mon Apr 06, 2020 2:00 am
Reply to topic   [ 8 posts ]