View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu May 02, 2024 10:18 pm

Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ] 
 American horse racing 
Group 2 winner

Post American horse racing
Hi all,

Not game related but any help would be great.

With no UK racing, starting to take an interest in the US racing and learning about it but really struggling with to find any decent websites with any form guides on the horses.

Just wundering if any of you have any websites?

Thanks

Sat Apr 11, 2020 2:38 pm
Handicapper

Post Re: American horse racing
PeterS94 wrote:
Hi all,

Not game related but any help would be great.

With no UK racing, starting to take an interest in the US racing and learning about it but really struggling with to find any decent websites with any form guides on the horses.

Just wundering if any of you have any websites?

Thanks

Horse Racing Nation is quite good

Sat Apr 11, 2020 5:01 pm
Group 1 winner

I'm in the US. Here's what I use.

For odds and fields I use NYRA bets. It's a betting platform but you can use it for free even if you aren't a member.

https://www.nyrabets.com/#wagering

I use Brisnet past performances aka form guide. You can find free past performances for most races. Many trainers,breeders and owners provide free links to Brisnet past performances for races that their horse is in or in the case of breeders the offspring of their stud.

Here's a link of a page that provides a list of most of these. - http://www.365horses.com/free_past_performances.html

There are more studs that aren't shown in the link above. Just search google for > (sire's name + brisnet) ...and you may find some more.

Look for the sire/trainer/owner name on the NYRA site and then check for the name in the list on the 365horses site.

One last note - Brisnet has had something screwy going on with it for a while that shows an error message when you click a link to their past performances. The very simple fix to it is to right click the url in the address bar and then "cut and paste and go to". It will work then.

Sat Apr 11, 2020 7:00 pm
Group 2 winner

Thanks lads.

Trying to take an interest in american racing considering only stuff we've got and couldn't find any sort of form guide.

Sun Apr 12, 2020 2:12 pm
Selling plater

@PeterS94 Head on over the the Horse Racing subreddit and then join the discord!!

Mon Apr 13, 2020 3:24 pm
Group 1 winner

PeterS94 wrote:
Trying to take an interest in american racing considering only stuff we've got and couldn't find any sort of form guide.

To be honest, there isn't much racing left in the US either. Sky Sports Racing shows all races from Australia and Hong Kong, which are still continuing, but obviously the races are usually shown early morning UK time, which isn't ideal (apart from the Happy Valley races every Wednesday, which usually start mid morning). Racing also continues in Japan, but unfortunately neither Sky Sports nor Racing TV shows it.

Mon Apr 13, 2020 3:41 pm
Group 2 winner

panther wrote:
PeterS94 wrote:

To be honest, there isn't much racing left in the US either. Sky Sports Racing shows all races from Australia and Hong Kong, which are still continuing, but obviously the races are usually shown early morning UK time, which isn't ideal (apart from the Happy Valley races every Wednesday, which usually start mid morning). Racing also continues in Japan, but unfortunately neither Sky Sports nor Racing TV shows it.

Yeah standard isn't great but I'm learning on the highs of Gulstream / Will Roger Downs and Tampa.

Tue Apr 14, 2020 4:52 pm
Group 2 winner

bluechip21 wrote:
@PeterS94 Head on over the the Horse Racing subreddit and then join the discord!!

Whats that ? Thanks

Tue Apr 14, 2020 4:54 pm
Group 3 winner

I miss racing but fortunately I will get by, to me it's not the end of the world scenario, I hope, kinda looks like it though and I understand for some it is. I stopped betting a long time ago but still enjoy racing and I will miss the guineas meetings and the derby which will not be rescheduled unfortunately. Personally just hoping for a vaccine and normal life next Cheltenham. I reckon that's how long this goes on if not longer. No government wants to say we are in lock down till next year but that looks like the likely scenario, we can keep unlocking but the virus will in some countries keep gaining control causing them to lock down again. This is definitely the worst of times! In the next month or so there will be no racing around the world.

Wed Apr 15, 2020 1:44 am
Group 1 winner

dragontrainer wrote:
I miss racing but fortunately I will get by, to me it's not the end of the world scenario, I hope, kinda looks like it though and I understand for some it is. I stopped betting a long time ago but still enjoy racing and I will miss the guineas meetings and the derby which will not be rescheduled unfortunately. Personally just hoping for a vaccine and normal life next Cheltenham. I reckon that's how long this goes on if not longer. No government wants to say we are in lock down till next year but that looks like the likely scenario, we can keep unlocking but the virus will in some countries keep gaining control causing them to lock down again. This is definitely the worst of times! In the next month or so there will be no racing around the world.

I will miss the Guineas and Derby meetings as well, but at least the four classic races from those meetings will be held later in the summer, which is good. In the UK, lockdown will likely be over or much-reduced by around the end of May, which should allow racing to return in some form, even if it's without spectators for another couple of months after that. As things currently stand, racing still continues in Australia, Japan and Hong Hong, albeit with no crowds.

Wed Apr 15, 2020 9:06 am
Reply to topic   [ 10 posts ]