View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 4:52 pm

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
 Breeding Question - Only One Offspring 
Handicapper

Post Breeding Question - Only One Offspring
Hi all,

New to the breeding side, have a question - when I do the breeding I only ever get 1 offspring. Is this correct?

I've a mere won 7 Group 1s and is 4yo, I started to breed with her - but only got 1 offspring same as my other meres.

I guess you can only breed with a mere once a season?

Kind regards,

Lee

Mon Apr 13, 2020 6:43 pm
Group 1 winner

Post Re: Breeding Question - Only One Offspring
Hey mate,

This is correct, kind of like the female of the human kind. They can only breed with 1 stallion per season and then at the beginning of the new season will produce a 1yo colt/filly and then you can breed again with her. No twins or triplets in SO7 :-) hope this helps

Tue Apr 14, 2020 7:17 pm
Group 3 winner

lcalcutt wrote:
Hi all,

New to the breeding side, have a question - when I do the breeding I only ever get 1 offspring. Is this correct?

I've a mere won 7 Group 1s and is 4yo, I started to breed with her - but only got 1 offspring same as my other meres.

I guess you can only breed with a mere once a season?

Kind regards,

Lee

As said this is correct 1 yearling per female as expected but occasionally a bug will occur where you will get twins, I think it happens when you keep sending the same stallion to the same mare, I have had a mare produce twins almost identical as 2yos but I believe one should have been a yearling as she had no produce the following year. That said the AI seem to do it much more often or did.

Wed Apr 15, 2020 1:14 am
Selling plater

Why do game mares have more than one offsping per season? How is this possible?

Tue Jul 07, 2020 5:52 pm
Handicapper

I think there is a bug in the game, I've noticed that on Dec 12 the game decides to have offspring born which means at Dec 31 when you click past this date and reach January 1, that offspring automatically becomes a 2yo.. some offspring wont be born until the game switches from Dec to Jan but i have noticed this trend happen, so I have amended my schedules to end on Dec 11 which means all offspring stay their natural age.

Wed Jul 08, 2020 11:32 am
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]