View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Jun 04, 2024 9:16 am

Reply to topic  [ 34 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 Playing season 3 on easy level,still poor horses 
Selling plater

Post Playing season 3 on easy level,still poor horses
I recently started the SO7 again on easy level,believing it would be like SO6 and home bred horses would be the standard of SO6.Sadly more two year olds are still finishing way down the field in races,the few that do win don't hold their form in the next races.Is the game actually playable?Or am I doing something wrong?I don't expect my horses to win every race.That doesn't even happen in SO6.I don't particularly want to go back to playing SO6,but it seems mote enjoyable to play,knowing at least you have many decent horses.

Wed Apr 15, 2020 5:09 pm
Selling plater

Post Re: Playing season 3 on easy level,still poor horses
I posted some time back that after starting new games playing for several seasons to try to get some sort of reasonable stable far too many tries to count. I have given up with SO7 & reverted back to SO6 but don't play as much as I would like. Very Very disappointed with SO7.

Wed Apr 15, 2020 5:37 pm
Group 1 winner

Breeding is far more realistic in SO7, and it's therefore far more difficult to build a stable of top class horses. It takes time and perseverance, but is far more rewarding when you start to breed champions.

If you prefer the easier, less realistic breeding model, I believe the League mode in SO7 uses the old system. I can't say for sure, as I don't use League mode, but perhaps someone else could confirm?

Wed Apr 15, 2020 6:49 pm
Group 3 winner

GerryLove wrote:
Very Very disappointed with SO7.

Yes, so you keep saying. :roll:
And yet so many ppl seem to love the challenge.

panther wrote:
If you prefer the easier, less realistic breeding model, I believe the League mode in SO7 uses the old system. I can't say for sure, as I don't use League mode, but perhaps someone else could confirm?

You are correct, the League mode does seem to give more predictable breeding results. The cost is that you cant see all the stats, only the ones in the left hand upper window, and Potential.

Thu Apr 16, 2020 8:12 am
Selling plater

And yet so many ppl seem to love the challenge.

So you keep saying
And yet so many ppl seem not to love the challenge.

Also as I keep saying we are ALL entitled to our opinions :)

Thu Apr 16, 2020 12:43 pm
Selling plater

its the best version of starters orders by a long way ....far more realistic and the breeding has opened up a new world and challenge to produce top horses ...hats off to everyone involved

Thu Apr 16, 2020 8:27 pm
Handicapper

Explain to me how Rock Hopper

I love SO6 and still play it now, season 13 on one game and season 5 with a modded schedule on another

I’ve held off on SO7, firstly I was mortified to see they hadn’t updated the schedule, which for a new game I found terrible but I see so many comments about the breeding and issues with the game I’ve held off SO7, I really want the schedule updated before I consider, sending your pride and joy racing around the world in the top races is what makes the game for me, the schedule needs more of this IMO

Cheers

Fri Apr 17, 2020 9:50 am
Group 1 winner

Cuzer, there are modded schedules around that you can download for SO7, and every other element of SO7 is better than SO6, its far more realistic in terms of horses careers and the fields in big races, and the breeding side is far more realistic too. I've got a schedule on here that is a UK, Ireland and France schedule, and i'm working on a worldwide one, and other users have uploaded modded schedules you can download too. I seriously reccomend SO7!

Fri Apr 17, 2020 1:54 pm
Group 2 winner

qwsa wrote:
Cuzer, there are modded schedules around that you can download for SO7, and every other element of SO7 is better than SO6, its far more realistic in terms of horses careers and the fields in big races, and the breeding side is far more realistic too. I've got a schedule on here that is a UK, Ireland and France schedule, and i'm working on a worldwide one, and other users have uploaded modded schedules you can download too. I seriously reccomend SO7!

Let me know when you do the worldwide schedule, tried one myself but had races with walkovers and can only have so many meeting on same day so for example had Kentucky Derby on the Friday. Which doesn't help my OCD haha

Thanks

Fri Apr 17, 2020 3:43 pm
Handicapper

Thanks for the feedback

I found the same problem on my SO6 modded schedule with occasionally walk overs in major races

Do we not think Mark should have updated the schedule or gave an option of a different schedule for SO7, repeating the same races year on year gets tiresome without the option to race more overseas

Maybe it’s me but I was so disappointed when SO7 was released and it had the same schedule

Cheers

Sat Apr 18, 2020 11:30 am
Group 1 winner

I think because everyone looks for different things from a schedule it wouldn't really be possible to have a default schedule with the game that suits everyone, so from this perspective I think allowing modders to create their own and make them available to other players is the best option. S07 has the ability to make a higher horse pool, a higher percentage of foreign horses which are based on the number of races included in the schedule for that nationality. All of these things make schedules far more realistic. The schedule I am working on has no walk overs and has a lot of races from most counrties at the moment.

However, I will say that a maximum of 3 meetings per day should be increased as at the moment its impossible to get all races from all countries into a schedule.

Sat Apr 18, 2020 2:02 pm
Group 3 winner

Cuzer wrote:
Thanks for the feedback

Do we not think Mark should have updated the schedule or gave an option of a different schedule for SO7, repeating the same races year on year gets tiresome without the option to race more overseas

Maybe it’s me but I was so disappointed when SO7 was released and it had the same schedule

Cheers

I bought the game, and, have voiced my frustration at the schedule to be told that I should mod it myself if I'm not happy, or I can have my money back. You can now have up to 500+ horses in your stable, I try to keep it about 100, but, there are too few opportunities, the number of horses keeps increasing but the schedule has the same number of races leading to way too few races at every age and grade. I accept the game itself is a good leap forward, however, the stock schedule has not been overhauled since I don't know when. I will probably get shouted down about getting my money back if I'm not happy, but, it is a fair gripe. It shouldn't be down to modders to make a schedule fitting for the game, the game should come with one that has sufficient opportunities for the ever increasing number of horses, it doesn't, which limits stable progression once you get over a certain number of horses. (game boasts you can have a stable up to 512 horses, you can, but where are you going to race them? Certainly not on the schedule supplied) It's frustrating, but it is what it is. Mark has made it clear he has made all the changes he is going to.

'This an edit 20 minutes after writing the above'
Just played a day or two and a Maiden 3 year old colt ran in a 6 furlong maiden, it tired late on and jockey noted try a furlong shorter. Now, it's very early in the new season and yet these are the races available for this 3 year old, once ran, maiden.

Between 27/4/22 & 01/6/22 inclusive
29/4 - 5F Group 1 race at Turfontein
7/5 - 5F Palace House Stakes Group 3
27/5 - 5F Achilles Stakes Listed Race
28/5 - 5F Temple Stakes Group 3

These are the only races available for however many maiden unraced or raced once 3 year olds needing 5 furlongs (I have 7 horses needing 5 furlongs that are 3) and it's the same at every distance, I have 8 or 10 3 year olds that need runs to see if they're good enough for the Derby/Oaks trials, there aren't any maidens at 10-12 furlongs, just listed or group races ( I might be wrong, there 'might' be one maiden that they could all run in, except I think it's just for colts) I know this gripe is going to rub some people up the wrong way, but this is how the game is as bought and advertised, I am playing it, but it's a struggle through a severe lack of opportunities, to the point where you have to cull your stable as there aren't enough races. The game is enjoyable until your stable increases above 30 or 40 horses, and then you hit a brick wall through a lack of races. The horses you can run, it's great. I love the 3D graphics, the breeding is much more difficult, therefore more rewarding, and the change to the sales is good (but again, nowhere to run your horses if you buy too many)

I don't want a stable over 200, it does get difficult keeping track as I play on manual training, but, invariably after the sale at the start of a new season I end up with 130-140 horses and nowhere to run the maidens and low end handicappers (if you can get 2 runs into them) so I cull 40-50 of the worst looking ones and still, as above describes, have nowhere to run many of the remaining horses.

I love the game, have done since it was Stable Masters, and have bought every issue, but the schedule is long overdue an overhaul by the makers of the game to keep up with all the other advances, if not, it should be advertised as needing to be modded to be fully playable.

Sat Apr 18, 2020 2:30 pm
Handicapper

I couldn’t agree more

I was under the impression the schedule was due to be updated at some point, sure I read that unless Mark had a change of heart? Such a shame
I agree different people looks for different things in the game, such a shame something you would feel is fairly straightforward in overhauling the schedule is overlooked for each release

Cheers

Sat Apr 18, 2020 7:18 pm
Site Admin

This topic pops up every so often and has been addressed before. Part of the problem is people have different ideas of what 'the schedule' is. The actual schedule file in the game contains only feature races. This is very similar to SO6 but a number of updated (new) races were added towards the end of the beta phase. Stability and keeping the pool sizes at a manageable level is the reason more meetings per day have not been added. SO7 can slow down quite a bit in long-play games with large pool sizes due to the new breeding model and improved historical data. For those who want an ultra realistic densely populated schedule they will have to mod their own as this would cause issues on many players lower spec PC's.

When others talk about 'the schedule' they are referring to the whole spectrum of races including non features. This has been changed around quite a bit during the beta phase. See the historical posts in the DEVELOMENT forum

I have no doubt some new races or updates were missed so feel free to post them in the forum mentioned above.

Sat Apr 18, 2020 7:58 pm
Group 1 winner

Neves_rats have you tried the schedule I have uploaded here for download? It would solve the issues you are raising about too fewer opportunities.

Sat Apr 18, 2020 9:32 pm
Reply to topic   [ 34 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next