View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed May 01, 2024 3:26 am

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
 Combined Game & Breeding Barn 
Selling plater

Post Combined Game & Breeding Barn
Hi

I am playing my first combined game, always played either flat or NH.

There's probably an easy answer to this but how do you differentiate between flat bred mares and NH bred mares in the breeding barn?

I found that if I toggle back and forward between the flat\jumps button it shows horse distance changing. This seems a very cumbersome way to check flat\NH preference. I'm only in my 3rd season and have 100 mares in the barn and it's a pain having to toggle a button back and forward for each horse.

I have resorted to naming my flat bred horses with A-L names for flat and M-Z for NH horses. There must be an easier way.

Tue Apr 21, 2020 6:04 am
Group 1 winner

Post Re: Combined Game & Breeding Barn
Easiest is to use a note. Push n and it creates a note and a white triangle next to the horse. I just put a j in it but you can put whatever you want. I change the j to something more specfic when breeding as it allows you to highlight breeding features of a horse by hovering over it You can then just use the traingle as the distinguishing feature without having to toggle. I use this for horses as well so I I can ignore Nh horses for flat entries and vica versa

Tue Apr 21, 2020 8:11 am
Selling plater

Thanks

I have never used notes before. I will experiment with them.

Edit: I can only add notes in the Racing Stable. When I move the horse to the breeding barn, notes are not displayed. Is there some option I have to tick?

Tue Apr 21, 2020 10:33 am
Handicapper

I think you can only use notes in the racing yard. If there is anyway to extend this to the breeding barn or field I would be very interested to know how.

I also add a note to horses I sell (OH for old horse, and BRED for those that came from my barn). Because I go through every days racing cards as a matter of course, I see those little triangles and it is a good way to track how my horses go on to perform. It also over a period of time helps me set standards on which horses to keep. When ones I sold do better than the ones I kept I know I got it wrong !! Thankfully doesn't happen too often.

Tue Apr 21, 2020 12:12 pm
Group 1 winner

Long Haul Harry wrote:
I think you can only use notes in the racing yard. If there is anyway to extend this to the breeding barn or field I would be very interested to know how.

I also add a note to horses I sell (OH for old horse, and BRED for those that came from my barn). Because I go through every days racing cards as a matter of course, I see those little triangles and it is a good way to track how my horses go on to perform. It also over a period of time helps me set standards on which horses to keep. When ones I sold do better than the ones I kept I know I got it wrong !! Thankfully doesn't happen too often.

That's correct. I move the horse out of breeding barn, add or change a note, and then move it back. I have put in a request for the ability to add/change the note in the breeding barn. But the workaround works well enough as you don't lose any time in the game.

Tue Apr 28, 2020 9:28 am
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]