View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed May 01, 2024 1:23 pm

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
 Potential - Is it Constant Over Time? 
Selling plater

Post Potential - Is it Constant Over Time?
I've got a simple question. Having read the manual and help screens, and being familiar with the use of similar variables in other simulations (e.g. Football Manager), I'd assumed that horses 'potential' rating was determined when introduced to the game and actual ratings would initially climb until maturity (bit never exceed potential) and then decline. But having read some old threads it seems that there's some possibility that 'potential' changes over time. Is this correct, and if so, does potential ever increase? If so, I've made some unfortunate decisions with 2 year olds

Wed Apr 29, 2020 10:05 am
Group 1 winner

Post Re: Potential - Is it Constant Over Time?
Yes it increases or declines over time. In general though if it is below 40 % at 2 they are never going to get too full. Well at least I have never seen it happen. I often have 60% at 2 and then full at 6, 7 or 8. Playing combined game so may be different in flat only game

Wed Apr 29, 2020 11:16 am
Selling plater

Post Re: Potential - Is it Constant Over Time?
leonvr wrote:
Yes it increases or declines over time. In general though if it is below 40 % at 2 they are never going to get too full. Well at least I have never seen it happen. I often have 60% at 2 and then full at 6, 7 or 8. Playing combined game so may be different in flat only game

Thanks. I guess this could be made a lot clearer in the manual and help screens.

Wed Apr 29, 2020 11:42 am
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]