View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Apr 30, 2024 10:59 pm

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
 A couple n00b questions. 
Selling plater

Post A couple n00b questions.
Does travelling affect the horses?I have stopped a game with two races in mind. One race is on the other side of the country which I would prefer but is 2800kms away. The closer race is 100km away. Does sending the horse 2800kms affect the horse?

How do you know if putting on blinkers or a tongue tie on a horse will work? Is there a way to tell whether it will work or it is just random whether it works or not?

Thanks for any help.

Wed Apr 29, 2020 12:42 pm
Group 2 winner

Post Re: A couple n00b questions.
Id say the travelling makes no difference at all. Towards the end of the year i had a horse go to American,Japan,Hong Kong and won all them so wouldn't say so.

And regards headgear not once has it made a difference to any horse ive had from the good ones to the bad ones. Its a pointless bit on the game. If just makes the horse keener than normal. Even the cheek pieces which don't in real life.

Thanks Peter.

Wed Apr 29, 2020 4:09 pm
Group 1 winner

Only use headgear if the horse does not like going left hand /right hand or if the jockey says the horse is running lazily. If you want your horse to race near the pace, rather use challenge early in the jockey instructions as it works better than headgear.

Wed Apr 29, 2020 8:20 pm
Selling plater

Thankyou for the response.

Thu Apr 30, 2020 6:21 am
Group 1 winner

You'll come across AI horses now and then that are winning the biggest races and you look at their form and their winning ways begin with a pacifier being applied. Obvious immediate improvement. Like huge improvement. I've never had that happen with one of mine but it appears that there is a tiny amount of horses in the game that when you apply pacifiers they become world beaters. If only I could figure out the key to it.

I may be wrong, but it seems pacifiers are less prevalent in SO7.

Thu Apr 30, 2020 7:09 am
Group 1 winner

SiriusChill wrote:
You'll come across AI horses now and then that are winning the biggest races and you look at their form and their winning ways begin with a pacifier being applied. Obvious immediate improvement. Like huge improvement. I've never had that happen with one of mine but it appears that there is a tiny amount of horses in the game that when you apply pacifiers they become world beaters. If only I could figure out the key to it.

I may be wrong, but it seems pacifiers are less prevalent in SO7.

I think you right. I haven't seen them much or had any horses running lazily, which is normally the response you need from a jockey to stick them on.

When I have tried pacifiers to get my horses to be more keen and race more up with the pace, the horse's form has been shocking. I use challenge earlier now and that results in a much better performance. This can be especially good for horses who lead and then wait for horses to pass them before challenging again, so basically race handy types. I have had less succes with using challenge early for hold up or even pace horses

I suppose the acid test would be to find something in the breeding barn that has done its winning with blinkers and breed with it. There is a chance that your horse may inherit some of the traits

Thu Apr 30, 2020 9:08 am
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ]