View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed May 01, 2024 1:09 am

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
 Breeding tips 
Handicapper

Post Breeding tips
Can anybody help , I have played many, many seasons and just can’t seem to breed consistently good horses, the odd good one crops up but that’s all . I breed about 40 a season but have to sell half of them as they have rubbish stats and the rest end up being just ordinary. I would be very grateful if any body could help me out .

Sat May 02, 2020 8:29 pm
Group 2 winner

Post Re: Breeding tips
I had 46 fouls the one season i played & 12 was all that was any good with full speed & good potential, the other 34 had no potential & no speed so i retired them, then i had the 12 in the barn, i finished the season quick so i could get those 12 to start racing has 2yo's but when they came thorough they had same potential & below half the speed, its happening all the time now every season on any save i cant get one decent horse, so maybe i will go back to so5 much better

Sun May 03, 2020 1:25 pm
Selling plater

nashwan wrote:
I had 46 fouls the one season i played & 12 was all that was any good with full speed & good potential, the other 34 had no potential & no speed so i retired them, then i had the 12 in the barn, i finished the season quick so i could get those 12 to start racing has 2yo's but when they came thorough they had same potential & below half the speed, its happening all the time now every season on any save i cant get one decent horse, so maybe i will go back to so5 much better

The thing about speed dropping from 1yo to 2yo is a common occurrence but the speed usually goes back up at 3yo

Sun May 03, 2020 2:47 pm
Handicapper

SO7 has a more random difficulty in terms of breeding, but Mark did add back in the SO6 version for the easy game mode.

Sun May 03, 2020 10:36 pm
Profile WWW
Group 1 winner

Gaz wrote:
Can anybody help , I have played many, many seasons and just can’t seem to breed consistently good horses, the odd good one crops up but that’s all . I breed about 40 a season but have to sell half of them as they have rubbish stats and the rest end up being just ordinary. I would be very grateful if any body could help me out .

The breeding was made far more realistic in SO7, so it's a lot harder and more of a challenge to breed good horses. It will take a lot of perseverance, but it makes it all the more satisfying when you breed a champion.

In terms of a real life comparison, Galileo has been the best sire in Europe for the last 10 years, but only 12% of his progeny have won races at group or listed level, so 88% of his offspring are basically duds. The same goes for the top sires in the US.

Sun May 03, 2020 11:23 pm
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]