View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed May 08, 2024 1:59 am

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
 Potential Rating Bar 
Selling plater

Post Potential Rating Bar
I have been able to breed some horses with good potential ratings. About the best I have is 75% total, with a dark green of 70 %. I can't seem to get above that, and it only comes along about 20 % of the time.
Does anyone have 100% potential rating in SO7. Is it even possible, and how did you achieve this?

Tue May 05, 2020 1:10 pm
Selling plater

Post Re: Potential Rating Bar
The only way to improve the potential in your horses is to breed with gamebred stallions in the breeding barn.

I have had so many saved games crashing on me that I have experimented with new saves to find the best way to start a new save and find good horses. I suspect that the same concepts would work in the middle of a game.

Step 1
When you start a new game, set autorun years to 5. It takes about 10 minutes on my computer to start the saved game. On easy level the 5 horses I get on startup are usully poor, doesn't matter, I just auction them off.

Step 2
Look at the stallions in the barn. Usually one or two stand out. They will probably have bred over 30 x G1 winning horses. These are the horses to breed with.

Step 3
Save the game and make a copy of it to usb.

Step 4
Use the "betting cheat to get about £20million.

Step 5
Buy all the stable improvements.

Step 6
This next step is very laborious and takes time. I visit every auction, both daily and weekly. I buy every single filly\mare that comes up for auction. I am looking for mares with 50% potential as 3yo, 75% potential at 6yo. Every other horse is re-entered into the next available auction. When I find a suitable mare it is sent to the barn and bred with the best stallion, probably no more than about 4 stallions.. Over the course of a season I find about 20 - 25 such mares.

Step 7
A few days before the end of the season save the game.

Step 8
Go on to next season and look at new foals. If you are really lucky there will be a good colt, but I am looking for two things. Fillies who are better than the mares already in the barn and which stallions sired them.

Step 9
The next step is dependant on the best stallion in step 8 still being in the barn. If it is not, try repeating steps 7 & 8 above using the backup of the game.
Breed the best fillies from step 8 with the best stallion. This results in a little in-breeding but after about 7 - 10 seasons I have a whole stable full of high potential horses.

One last thing, for some reason in the new games I have started, it has been sprinter stallions that this has worked best with.

Tue May 05, 2020 3:03 pm
Selling plater

Post Re: Potential Rating Bar
I have just started a new Combined game that is 11 seasons old and this is the result.

Tue May 05, 2020 3:14 pm
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]