View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed May 01, 2024 9:01 am

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
 Registering was a bear 
Selling plater

Post Registering was a bear
So as a novice race fan, I pay attention to the Triple Crown races only....I had no idea to the answer to the registration question. It doesn't even show up on a Google search. I had no idea that Timeframe (or whatever) was a journal; luckily I finally stumbled across it searching and then had to go through horses to find a trainer named Henry C. Jeez, make it hard to sign up. Oh well, complaint out of the way; back to browsing the forums trying to figure the game out.

Tue May 05, 2020 11:34 pm
Handicapper

Post Re: Registering was a bear
Must admit I had exactly the same problem and very nearly gave up on joining the forum. Can't help thinking it needs to be a bit easier - being able to ask questions on here is incredibly useful to new players. Anyway Rajin Cajun, good luck on your journey. SO7 is a great game and gets better the more you get into it. If you have time, play a long, slow, detailed game without the betting cheat. The rewards in gaming terms are high. And start on easy (not that it is lol).

Wed May 06, 2020 8:00 am
Selling plater

Long Haul Harry wrote:
Must admit I had exactly the same problem and very nearly gave up on joining the forum. Can't help thinking it needs to be a bit easier - being able to ask questions on here is incredibly useful to new players. Anyway Rajin Cajun, good luck on your journey. SO7 is a great game and gets better the more you get into it. If you have time, play a long, slow, detailed game without the betting cheat. The rewards in gaming terms are high. And start on easy (not that it is lol).

Thanks Harry. I'm actually trying to gather some information to help me out so I can do a semi-tutorial video on my YouTube channel to help other new players. LOL.

Wed May 06, 2020 3:12 pm
Handicapper

Sounds like a terrific idea RC. I think there are lots of ways to play this game, and people I am sure like to put their own emphasis onto different things. And a tutorial for absolute beginners would help new players get off the ground at least. One piece of advice I would give to anyone buying the game with little or no knowledge of real life horse racing (like me) is to use Google to find out how things work - handicaps, breeding, sellers etc. That helped me no end early on. As you work through the seasons the contributions in this forum from experienced players then starts to make sense.

Wed May 06, 2020 3:54 pm
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]