View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri May 03, 2024 1:21 am

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
 Stamina Bar 
Selling plater

Post Stamina Bar
I have always been frustrated in trying ti perpetuate stamina in my breeding.
I started a stable intended only to perpetuate horses with high stamina. only horses with high stamina were permitted to breed. After several seasons of breeding and line-breeding, I began to come up with some yearlings who had stamina similar to their parents. after they debuted as two-year-olds, the stamina was all but gone. I know there are variables in breeding horses and you don't all breed true.
In no other status bar have I noticed a foal being born with one bar as a yearling, and having another bar as a two-year-old.
Has anyone else observed this?

Sat May 16, 2020 2:47 pm
Selling plater

Post Re: Stamina Bar
In a flat save I don't think I have had a foal maintain a high stamina when at a young age. My yearlings who have been bred for distance have about 5% at 1yo, then as they turn 2yo it may go upto 10% and by end of 2yo career maybe as much as 30%. End of 3yo career maybe 65% but at 4yo or 5yo the stamina bar tends to go up again to near max.

My combined game, where I tend to concentrate on NH horses, has similiar trends when the horses are younger, but they take longer to max out stamina. Sometimes as old as 7yo.

Sat May 16, 2020 4:08 pm
Reply to topic   [ 2 posts ]