View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed May 01, 2024 7:02 pm

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
 Breeding For The Best 
Handicapper

Post Breeding For The Best

So now i've finally worked out how to post pics, i now can post more threads :D

Above is my 3rd or 4th season, and early into my breeding career on SO7. I realise people have absolute monsters on here that go unbeaten their whole career and i don't think Churchill will. For all he's won his 3 starts easy. I've posted his overall stats above and i was just wondering, would you continue to use the same sire/dam combo's if they work out the first time around? Has anyone any screenshots handy that i can compare to see what a real monster looks like stats-wise?

Thanks
Jack

Sat May 16, 2020 11:06 pm
Selling plater

Post Re: Breeding For The Best
It is possible to breed extreme monsters but you have to "cheat" to get them and use ttf files.

Most of my breeding has been in league mode where you can't see a horses bars but if you can get about 75% extra speed and 50% cruising burst along with 90% potential, you will usually have a very good horse.

Sat May 16, 2020 11:31 pm
Selling plater

Post Re: Breeding For The Best
fousty1092 wrote:

I was just wondering, would you continue to use the same sire/dam combo's if they work out the first time around? Has anyone any screenshots handy that i can compare to see what a real monster looks like stats-wise?

Thanks
Jack

The best way to improve your horses is to breed with gamebred stallions that are in the barn.

If you only breed your own stallions to your own mares, there will be very little overall increase in the ability of your foals.

In the first instance, I look at the gamebred stallions and try to breed with those that have a proven breeding record. There was a gamebred in my barn with something like a 27\12\15 record as a sire. He did improve my horses by about 3 lengths in performance but only raised their potential by about 2%. I have also had gamebred stallions improve the potential of my horses by 10% but not see any increase in race performance.

This next part contradicts what I said above!!! What I did after I got such a massive increase in potential was then breed my new high potential stallion with the rest of my mares. This did improve the overall standard of my horses.

I also look at how a horse has performed in it's own racing career. You don't often get gamebred stallions with fantastic careers but maybe one that has won about 5 x G1 races but has also placed well in many of his other races.

Sometimes it is not potential that is increased by breeding with gamebred stallions but one of the other bars. If breeding with a gamebred stallion didn't improve the potential of my horses but improved the extra speed by 10%, I would try to breed that increase into the rest of my horses.

One other thing I should mention. Don't just breed one mare with a gamebred stallion. I usually try to breed at least 5 mares with each gamebred. This gives a much better chance of seeing an improvement.

Sun May 17, 2020 2:46 am
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]