View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 11:29 pm

Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 
 Before I purchase 
Handicapper

Post Before I purchase
I'd like to know if I can function as both owner and trainer of my horses, or do I have to perform one role or the other?

Thanks in advance!

Thu May 21, 2020 8:02 pm
Handicapper

Post Re: Before I purchase
There are two game modes:

Trainer:
Owners send you horses to train and race.

Trainer/Owner:
You own, breed, train and race your own horses.

Thu May 21, 2020 9:11 pm
Selling plater

marklaker wrote:
I'd like to know if I can function as both owner and trainer of my horses, or do I have to perform one role or the other?

Thanks in advance!

I would regard this as one of the greatest horse racing Sim game I have ever played. You will not regret!

Fri May 22, 2020 11:08 am
Handicapper

A hundred years ago, or thereabouts, when I was an adolescent, I had a horse racing board game from APBA called American Saddle Racing. I played it so often the cards began to fray at the corners. At times I can barely remember how to find my way home at night, but oddly so many years later I can still recall my favorite card stock horses from that wonderful game....Hawaii and Shuvee, and how it nearly ruined my day when they failed to win. Hoping to rekindle a little lost magic with this game.

Fri May 22, 2020 4:38 pm
Handicapper

Shuvee.

Such old names. Almost as many years ago I owned a relative of hers. As a breeder Shuvee's sister Nalee was the better route to the amazing Levee. I had a Nalee granddaughter. My second TB mare. When I customize the game's graphics I replaced the one loading screen, which is oddly a dressage saddle, with a picture of her galloping uphill in the field as a broodmare.

Even when I had them the old lines were not much respected though. Galloping uphill her whole life. Equal to it, she was a tough cookie.

Sat May 23, 2020 12:13 am
Handicapper

That's wonderful! Thanks for sharing.

https://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-racing/articles/222655/look-back-shuvee-completes-a-filly-triple-crown

Sun May 24, 2020 5:53 pm
Handicapper

Thanks for the reply and the link! More memories of earlier times.

Hope you enjoy this game. I find it a nice sim, though if you do see a name, it won't have stats to match. There used to be some older names in the horse name file. So its more a good sim and less say "fantasy baseball" leagues.

Mon May 25, 2020 11:21 pm
Selling plater

marklaker wrote:
A hundred years ago, or thereabouts, when I was an adolescent, I had a horse racing board game from APBA called American Saddle Racing. I played it so often the cards began to fray at the corners. At times I can barely remember how to find my way home at night, but oddly so many years later I can still recall my favorite card stock horses from that wonderful game....Hawaii and Shuvee, and how it nearly ruined my day when they failed to win. Hoping to rekindle a little lost magic with this game.

How I played that old game. Mixing in all those yearly sets and see who might be the Triple Crown master. Sadly those names are absent from this game but still it looks to be the best thing on PC. At least one can omit keeping the stats in those books that came with APBA game. I remember they ran out of space eventually.

Thu Jun 11, 2020 5:47 pm
Reply to topic   [ 8 posts ]