View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Apr 30, 2024 12:59 am

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
 Very Excited! 
Selling plater

Post Very Excited!
First of all, having been a Starters Orders player since the start (very casual), I'm loving the more difficult and random aspect in terms of breeding that SO7 has brought.

I'm now into season 10 (normal difficulty), and I've finally bred a horse that actually doing something :lol:

After an unbeaten 2yo season, I was hoping that I could have a decent sprinter on my hands, but when his stamina unexpectedly jumped as a 3yo, I thought I'd have a tilt at the 2000 Guineas. Racing handy, with the instruction to challenge earlier, he led until the 3f marker before starting to go backwards. He then found his second wind to regain the lead 1f out staying on for 1l victory.

Sun May 24, 2020 5:44 am
Handicapper

Post Re: Very Excited!
Very nice! Fun racing style to watch too.

A couple games back I bred a lot on one mare that was late closer. I tend to watch my races in this game, and she was just so much fun to watch. As that stat is inheritable in game, was also fun to watch a lot of her offspring race.

Mon May 25, 2020 11:30 pm
Selling plater

Definitely!

I'll have that to look forward to now as Ivanhoe is out to stud. I've got my first batch of yearlings ready and waiting.

He ended up taking out the Dante and Prix du Jockey Club to make his record 11/11, but then started to hit the places against the older horses.

Ended up with close to £5m in earnings, but I'm hoping his offspring will eclipse that

Thu May 28, 2020 12:52 pm
Group 1 winner

NICE!

Fri May 29, 2020 1:16 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]