View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed May 01, 2024 6:44 pm

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
 Fed up with S07 
Group 2 winner

Post Fed up with S07
Well fed up, cant continue to play it. Ive got 5f horses running over 1m 2f. Ive got 1m 4f horses failing to stay 1m 1f.

I'm being told to try a furlong shorter when racing over 5f.

Rarely win 1st time with a 2yo and its always with one of my worse 2yo i do win with.

I get it needed to be slightly changed to try and make it for realistic but its gone the other way for me..

Tue Jun 02, 2020 8:25 pm
Group 1 winner

Post Re: Fed up with S07
If a horse is running over 1m2f, it's not a 5f horse. Why does it matter what the proffered distance says if you know this isn't the horses actual preferred distance?

Tue Jun 02, 2020 10:34 pm
Group 3 winner

Post Re: Fed up with S07
If it was an exact science and we knew everything about every horse where would be the challenge, where would be the point in playing? Red Rum was initially a sprinter on the flat and went on to win the Grand national 3 times, now, how does a sprinter stay 4 and a half miles. It is, IMO, more realistic that a horse's distance is not a certainty. And, if a 5f horse has the notation try a furlong shorter, I usually find that it is a late developer and will get 5 furlongs given time.

I have knocked the game, where it needed knocking, and it still does in certain places, but complaining that a horse's given distance isn't exact seems a bit too far.

Wed Jun 03, 2020 8:55 am
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]