View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 8:34 pm

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
 Jumps game - horse progression 
Group 1 winner

Post Jumps game - horse progression
Been a while since I visited here and played an SO game - but lockdown and a new laptop has given me the chance to play SO7.

Enjoying the game, playing jumps only and not a league version so just having fun with the breeding and looking to dominate at Cheltenham.

I'm now about 17 seasons in and have top class horses but what i've noticed is my 4yo superstar juveniles and my 4yo/5yo novices can't seem to win a race aged 5 to 6/7 and then all of a sudden many of them become champion hurdlers or gold cup winners from 8 onwards.

Does anyone else find this a challenge and, if so, what races are you entering your 5yo and 6yo in? I find my star hurdler, such as Severus Snape who just won his 3rd consecutive Champion Hurdle, needs to have 600 days off between his novice and graded career!

Be great to hear how others are experiencing the jumps only game :)

Mon Jun 15, 2020 12:23 pm
Selling plater

Post Re: Jumps game - horse progression
I have raced mine in some conditions races and they tend to hold onto something remotely resembling decent form.
Keep going though. I am into my 34th season and over the last few, I have started getting some grade one winning 6 and 7 year olds. It must take that long to get a breeding programme to produce the graded winning 6/7yos.

Mon Jun 15, 2020 5:47 pm
Group 1 winner

Ryan how's things going buddy?

Long time no speak. Get a league game going mate.

The set up now is unreal.

Tue Jun 16, 2020 10:22 am
Group 1 winner

Life is good buddy, happy to be getting some SO time in to chill out and breed some monsters.

Unfortunately, I started a normal game and am about 25 seasons in so to go back to day 1 would be killer. i've formed a strong bond with some of my horses :lol:

Tue Jun 16, 2020 12:15 pm
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]