View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 3:32 am

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
 New player help please 
Selling plater

Post New player help please
Hello I’m a new player to the game. I’ve figured out how to make money breeding horses, but it seems the horses that I keep when I breed are not very good. I have Grade 1 winning mates that I breed to but still have little result on the track. Any tips to improve my gameplay? Keep in mind I just started playing today.

Thu Jun 25, 2020 3:12 am
Handicapper

Post Re: New player help please
Hey Noah, I only really play 'flat' schedules and mostly in the USA (both the default game and on the Start It mod), so I hope others may be of more help for any Jumps questions you may have.

Breeding on Easy mode is fairly predictable, usually the average of the Sire and Dam's attributes with a little randomness thrown in. On the Normal and Hard modes the breeding is far more random which can lead to some frustration.

I'd focus on breeding horses with high potential and extra speed, but also keeping an eye out for any that have high cruising burst and/or battling qualities as they are rarer but still very useful. Confidence/Consistency/Enthusiasm need to be 30% at least as they can make a horse infuriating to watch flounder for reasons out of my control, and I tend to look at 50% on those stats too.

Honestly it takes a few seasons before I see any progress in breeding, but after perhaps 100 in game years I am consistently breeding quality in quantity. Perseverance indeed does pay off.

Hope that helps a little, welcome to the community, and good luck with your racing and breeding programs!

Thu Jun 25, 2020 8:41 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 2 posts ]