View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 11:43 am

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
 Breeding Dynasties 
Handicapper

Post Breeding Dynasties
Ive posted here for sometime but i'll just give a brief background on myself. Im from Australia, so Australian racing is of biggest knowledge to myself but I follow horse racing all around the world, Its a big love of mine and was introduced into racing through my father who was an employee at Randwick and Warwick Farm Racecourse. I spent many days been freely able to be on track at any time visiting horse stables and the like. These days I only get to watch from afar. This game gives me such an enjoyment because its the closest thing to reality in my eyes.

So my story today is my current American Save. I purchased a mare at the beginning of my game called Imperia. She was in the broodmare sales and has become the Mother of my whole breedline line right now. She has been incredible. I made the mistake of selling her after 6 foals but, she has produced Quality as all 6 won a race and 5/6 went on to be multiple group 1 winners.

I posted a bit about this in another post below but felt this needed a story and would love to see if any of you have had a Mare thats just gone on to produce this much quality.

Imperia

Her First Foal Regina was a Gun mare, she reached the 140 mark at her last start. She only missed the placings once and I thought wow, i got lucky here. But her Younger sister Awesome Strike is where things get better. She was out of this world, she could win from anywhere, even when it looked like she was stuck on the rail and wouldnt win, she would get out late and flash home. She went on to be undefeated 22/22 and 17 G1s reached the 140 mark 4 races before I retired her. She has literally been the best Horse i have bred and at the point was only in the very early stages of my save. Next Came Ratki ( a half brother to Regina and Awesome Strike), I kept the generated names from birth as those 3 all seemed too good to change, He was the first Colt born, a very frustrating Colt at hand. His stats were poorer than his sisters and after a hand full of starts at 2/3 he didnt look like he would reach the same heights so I offloaded him. Only for him to go on and win 7 G1s and 3 G2 races, But I was happy enough as The line of Imperia babies was becoming really strong. Next came Liguria (I named this one as Imperia is a city in Italy and I wanted something better than the original which i cant remember, but Liguria was like a district of Imperia, hence why I named her that). She was a half sister again to the 3 above, went on to win 2 G1s, G2s and G3s. still a quality horse but worth keeping to keep the line going through the breeding barn. The last of the G1 winning foals was a full Brother to Regina and Awesome Strike. I named this one Roman Empire as I wanted to keep the Italian theme to this Colt. He was good too 3 G1s and 2 G3s. A decent Colt, now Stallion who I hope goes on to Sire some good foals.

Regina

Awesome Strike

When you have such great broodmares sometimes they dont produce good offspring, using, Makybe Diva and Black Caviar as examples, both have not produced anything other than a few country winners, nothing has gone on to be as good as their mother. But again looks like this is going to be a very special line of breeding.

Regina has produced 3 G1 winners. Little Josh winner of 10/25 with 7 G1s. I retained him and he has just gone into the barn. Clarkenwell, I sold, I didnt like his stats but has a record of 12/23 awith 1 G1 win and a couple of G2/3s. The best is probably her 4th foal a Colt i named War Weapons. hes just turned 3 and won 3 G1s as a 2yo.

My Amazing Mare Awesome Strike is just a machine, she has produced 5 foals now.

First came a colt, now stallion Could it be Magic. game generated name and couldnt be more on point with this beast winning 14/22 with 11 G1s. He had 92% potential reached. 100% speed rating. and got to a rating of 137. But a 2nd placing in his final start dropped him to 135. I'll be very interested to see what offspring he can produce.

The 2nd Colt called Ajeeb a half brother to Could it be Magic, and again a game generated name, but I looked up the meaning, and in Arabic means unique and Beautiful. Kinda like meant to be as this Boy is 4yo now and has won 10/14, with 7 G1s and will race on in his 4yo season.

The 3 foals after these 2 look to be quality too, the 3yo is lightly raced. 1 win from 4 but looks like he will be a better 3yo, and then theres a 2yo and yearling that have quality stats i hope to update further as my generations go on and on.

I'll update more if any of these Mares or Stallions keep producing stars. but thanks for reading and hope to see your breeding dynasties too

thanks !!
___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Tue Jul 28, 2020 4:42 am
Handicapper

Post Re: Breeding Dynasties
That's fantastic!

She is definitely better than any blue hen I've had.

Tue Jul 28, 2020 6:05 pm
Selling plater

Wow! This is the type of dynasty I aspire to have, hopefully the next generation are just as dominant.

Wed Jul 29, 2020 11:46 am
Handicapper

Just a quick update on my breeding lines in this USA save. I haven't had much time lately to update, but Awesome Strike and Regina have been wonderful blue hens just like their mother Imperia.

ii images

ii images

My thoughts towards this line of breeding is that, its more stronger in the female line, None of the Colt/Stallions have gone on to produce any great offspring on the Male lines. I'm not complaining because 2 have so many desendants of this line reaching the top with g1 winners all over, I really was hoping for 1-2 colts/Stallions that would go on to be the Galileo type of sire. That may still come but I thought I might have got there already.

Fri Aug 14, 2020 6:46 am
Handicapper

Looks like a good lineage thee - keep them coming! I too have a good bloodline I'm deep into now, producing some great horses that have all been in and around the money at US Triple Crown level. Marianna, Maridoubleyou, Takianna, Saffronanna, and now Saffron Fang are all storming through big races and it's been awesome to watch! :D

Tue Aug 18, 2020 5:32 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]