View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 10:27 pm

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
 Stud Breeding 
Selling plater

Post Stud Breeding
Hello,

I'm not sure if I'm missing something or not, but I'm having a problem regarding breeding requests for my stud.

My stallion in question is the number five earner in the history of the game, has the third most grade 1 stakes wins in the histtory of the game, and has the two best two-year-olds in the game... and yet no one is sending requests to breed with him. Needless to say, something is wrong here. I should be swimming in requests.

I have a stud farm, I've tried lowering his price all the way down to $10,000, I've done everything that I can think of and still... no requests.

Is this a glitch or is there a step that I'm missing?

Thanks,
TC

Fri Aug 14, 2020 1:56 am
Selling plater

Post Re: Stud Breeding
I have 7 group one winning stallions,I have had about 5 requests for one of them and 1 request for one other over 3 seasons,both of them at a lower covering fee.I assume it is just luck if a covering request is made.

Mon Aug 31, 2020 8:28 am
Group 2 winner

Post Re: Stud Breeding
tigercasual wrote:
Hello,

I'm not sure if I'm missing something or not, but I'm having a problem regarding breeding requests for my stud.

My stallion in question is the number five earner in the history of the game, has the third most grade 1 stakes wins in the histtory of the game, and has the two best two-year-olds in the game... and yet no one is sending requests to breed with him. Needless to say, something is wrong here. I should be swimming in requests.

I have a stud farm, I've tried lowering his price all the way down to $10,000, I've done everything that I can think of and still... no requests.

Is this a glitch or is there a step that I'm missing?

Thanks,
TC

How long has he been standing at stud ? Are the two top two year olds from his first crop ? I get loads of requests for mine but they didn't start coming in until my stallions had sired some winners. I have about 20 stallions in the barn and I would say I get 3 or 4 requests every few days for up to a dozen of them. But these didn't come in until they had been at stud for a few years. When I retire new horses with good records they don't get any requests until they have been standing a few seasons and proved themselves at stud. Then even the mediocre ones pick up a few now and again. I think it bases itself more on the stud record than the racing record. At least it seems to in my game. Hopefully if the 2yos are from his first few crops or are his first big winners the requests will start coming in.

e-mail: martinleedham@yahoo.co.uk

Mon Aug 31, 2020 11:25 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]