View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 10:34 am

Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
 Stud Breeding 
Selling plater

Post Stud Breeding
Hello,

I am having problems regarding breeding requests for my Stallion.

The stallion in question is the fifth-highest earner in the history of the game, the third-highest grade 1 stakes winner and has the two best two-year-olds in the game, and yet no requests.

A stallion of that caliber should be swimming in requests.

I have bought the stud barn, I've tried lowering his price (all the way down to $10,000), I've done everything I can think of and still...

Is this a glitch or is this something I'm missing?

Thanks,
TC

Fri Aug 14, 2020 2:07 am
Handicapper

Post Re: Stud Breeding
Drop the price of your stallion to $1000 coverage fee.. once you do this you'll get requests for breeding. Then if it starts to produce group winners, increase to $5000-$10000. and then the more group winner your getting from him, you increase more. thats how I worked out how to get more, now I'm getting $300,000+ for some of my bred Stallions.

Fri Aug 14, 2020 6:27 am
Selling plater

MaLuckyDay wrote:
Drop the price of your stallion to $1000 coverage fee.. once you do this you'll get requests for breeding. Then if it starts to produce group winners, increase to $5000-$10000. and then the more group winner your getting from him, you increase more. thats how I worked out how to get more, now I'm getting $300,000+ for some of my bred Stallions.

Thanks for the advice.

Sat Aug 15, 2020 1:58 am
Selling plater

Update:

I've lowered my stud fee to $1000 and still no takers. To add insult to injury, the aforementioned two-year-olds dominated the Triple Crown races winning all three.

Wow.

I hope the developers are reading this post, because this is an absolutely horrific, mindnumbing flaw.

Sat Aug 15, 2020 5:42 am
Selling plater

I've had a very similar experience with a couple of my stallions, one of them was a multiple group one winner with about 10 million in prize money, the other not quite as good on the track, but his first couple of offspring have so far won the Golden Slipper and Blue Diamond stakes, Australia's two premier two year old events. Neither of these great horses attracted any interest at all with the original $100,000 stud fee I had set them, so as per the suggestion on this thread I reduced it to $1,000. It's been almost a full year since I reduced their fees, and still no takers. As Tigercasual said above this is a glaring flaw in the game and should be fixed ASAP.

Sun Aug 16, 2020 1:50 am
Handicapper

My current save is a US save, to show you some examples check the pictures below. diffent ranges on stud fees.. My best horse in the game is at $100,000 fee and he gets offers. Not sure why you both arent getting any but be persistant, they should come through. It does take time but if your keeping the offspring of your stud and racing them and they are getting multiple group races then you should see eventually the offers will come through.

Sun Aug 16, 2020 2:04 am
Selling plater

Ironically just after I posted above about the lack of offers they started to roll in, I’ve only had a couple of of offers for each of my two best stallions so far, and it was at the $1,000 mark. At least things are starting to look up, and hopefully I’ll be able to charge a decent stud fee sometime in the not too distant future. The current situation is still a glaring fault though, any stallion that retires with a 75% winning record and half a dozen group one wins should be able to charge a six-figure stud fee right from the beginning. I know not all great racehorses go on to be champion sides, but they usually attract very substantial fees in their first few seasons at stud.

Mon Aug 17, 2020 12:17 am
Reply to topic   [ 7 posts ]