View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:57 pm

Reply to topic  [ 25 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Game difficulty 
Selling plater

Post Re: Game difficulty
All this discussion about stats bars and I find that the vast majority are meaningless and the only way to get any idea is run the horse. Then you discover it's as sh*t as all the other mugs to pass through your stable, you flog it off and an AI trainer wins a couple of group races with it, rinse and repeat. I also notice a lot of negative comments directed at anyone who mentions they are unhappy with the game, I respectfully point out we also paid our £ and are entitled therefore to an opinion.

Tue Jul 05, 2022 10:59 pm
Group 1 winner

I like the stats and they are helpful if you pay attention. Embrace them and it makes the game more enjoyable - especially for a manual trainer like myself. This is Undercover.

Speed - Pretty high but 100% is coveted. 100% speed horses are good horses.

Stamina - She's 23%. That's a 7fur to a 8fur horse.

Acceleration -Average. 100% acceleration horses are highly coveted. Combined with a 100% speed horse is a huge plus.

Start - Above average. She has two bad starts in her career so far of 16 races.

Potential - Her potential is high but her breeding suggests her potential should've been higher. Still a keeper potential wise. Undercover's dam was an in-game hall of famer.

Battling - Has the usual 10% level. If it was higher than 10% you would see her re-rally in head and head stretch duels.

Constitution - Almost full. She recovers quickly thus being able to race many times during the season.

Confidence - A stat I have been neglecting for years. Hers is pretty high which means she won't start to underperform after a series of losing races. Pay attention to this one. You may be making your horse worse by selecting too tough races for it when it should be spotted in an easy race to get its confidence back.

Cruising Burst - Perhaps the most coveted stat behind potential? Hers is alright. This stat helps your horse move at the right time and vie for the win.

Deterioration- This is above average. Good chance she'll start to deteriorate at five years of age and older. But also may not.

Enthusiasm- This is average. Average chance in her races that she'll not try her hardest in races. She's been hit and miss during her career.

Finish Appl. - There seems to be only three levels for this stat - 0, 50 and 100 percent. She has 100. She runs on in the stretch in almost all her races.

Consistency - 100%. She can be trusted to run her race every time. Other stats may have a say about that though.

Distane Adapt. - She has 30%. Most horses have that. Likely to not get distances outside her stamina range. Her stamina says 7fur and that's what she likes.

Going/Surface Adapt - It's 100%. She should run on anything and she does. I should try her on dirt.

Juv Const. - This is above average which means she should be a competitive 2yo - and she was.

Maturity Rate - This is below average which means I should expect her to be better at 4yo and higher. She's on a decent stretch of races.

Training Adapt - I select special training (agility or starting) for my horses when they are in rest periods. That is if they need it. Hers both say "good". I can't recall if she started with subpar special training stats or not. Special train your horses - it helps.

Jump Pot. - Just bad. she's a flat horse.

Jump Speed - Not bad but still a flat horse.

Quirks - It's zero so she wont do wacky things like not start etc.

I have kept stats for all my horses that make the breeding shed. It's been a lot of horses and I have progressively been keeping better and better horses as the years go on - 21 seasons for this save. Here are the latest averages for the stats for those out there who want to compare or are wondering what are good numbers for each stat. I have them listed in the order I most prefer.

I'm damn good in-game (a billion and a half in the bank) but am middlin' in league so maybe I'm not the best to consult but I have a pretty good grasp of the stats.

I'm not having the issues you are having mtoto and never have with any of the many saves I have started in SO7. How's that for positivity? :roll:

Fri Jul 08, 2022 6:16 am
Group 1 winner

Mtoto wrote:
All this discussion about stats bars and I find that the vast majority are meaningless and the only way to get any idea is run the horse. Then you discover it's as sh*t as all the other mugs to pass through your stable, you flog it off and an AI trainer wins a couple of group races with it, rinse and repeat. I also notice a lot of negative comments directed at anyone who mentions they are unhappy with the game, I respectfully point out we also paid our £ and are entitled therefore to an opinion.

Im not sure people know how the game works, if u cant get the horses potential bar full by what i mean light green then that horse will never get to his best for u but if u sell that horse to the computer then it will use all that potential and thats why some horses are better racing for the computer than for the player.

Sat Jul 09, 2022 11:15 am
Selling plater

ghostzapper74 wrote:
Mtoto wrote:

Im not sure people know how the game works, if u cant get the horses potential bar full by what i mean light green then that horse will never get to his best for u but if u sell that horse to the computer then it will use all that potential and thats why some horses are better racing for the computer than for the player.

Surely inder that logic the player is under an enormous disadvantage as the AI will get better results out of worse horses?

Sun Jul 10, 2022 3:57 pm
Handicapper

This may not be a popular sentiment, but when you consider the obvious imbalance of artificial intelligence versus human intelligence, I'm all for AI advantages that keep the game competitive and me interested.

Sun Jul 10, 2022 4:58 pm
Group 1 winner

marklaker wrote:
This may not be a popular sentiment, but when you consider the obvious imbalance of artificial intelligence versus human intelligence, I'm all for AI advantages that keep the game competitive and me interested.

Totally right, every other game was boring after 20 years because the computer horses didn't improve , well thats not going to happen with this game.

Sun Jul 10, 2022 9:22 pm
Group 1 winner

Mtoto wrote:
ghostzapper74 wrote:
Mtoto wrote:

Surely inder that logic the player is under an enormous disadvantage as the AI will get better results out of worse horses?

U can retire them, if i think a horse is not going to get a full bar then i wouldn't race them. I just retire them at 2.

Sun Jul 10, 2022 9:24 pm
Handicapper

SiriusChill you missed off Extra Speed

Tue Jul 12, 2022 7:47 pm
Selling plater

I wanted to quote but the function was buggt, tyhis is in the threas about the AIs getting the extra potential. Retiring the mugs would be of negligible value. If the AI can always get the advantage of accessing that extra potential then it's like handicapping every one of P1's runners by an average of the potential differences gained. If you guys enjoy it then I'm pleased for you, all I can say is you must have a great deal of time to spend on all the analysis, I play games for fun not a work simulation. Such is life

Mon Aug 01, 2022 8:36 pm
Group 3 winner

The AI has many advantages in the game.

Otherwise it would be way too easy. So when you sell your donkey the restrictions you had no longer apply. That crappy constitution bar is void and so is the fitness and condition. The only bar that seems to matter to the AI is the Potential. the other bars are still in effect but not at the same level as you.

If you race abroad you have less advantage but still the ace card is Potential.

I notice the AI in my games is breeding some nice types - will be keeping my eye on them.

Sat Aug 27, 2022 2:28 am
Reply to topic   [ 25 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2