View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:57 pm

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
 New Discord for new / experienced players 
Selling plater

Post New Discord for new / experienced players
Hey everyone...

About a month ago, I met with a very nice and very knowledgeable player who offered to help me get started properly in SO Classic, as I was struggling with solvency and success. After sending a few clunky emails, we created a Discord channel so we could communicate more freely.

It occurred to us that others might be looking for the same type of help - specific questions regarding their save, information to help them proceed, etc. We are now 3 members, each with our own channel for own own saves, along with general channels for information that would be applicable to everyone...and we are hoping for more!

So, taken from the message posted in SO7's Steam Discussions by user aitch55 on 22 October...

Another SO player and I have recently formed a Discord channel to discuss our saves and easily share screenshots. Should anyone like to join us, friend me on here, then pm me and I will send you an invite.

The channel is solely for the discussion of gameplay - record how you are doing, monster wins, crushing defeats, and the way you play the game. We hope players of all levels (and playing any version of SO) will join us - you might have played for years, be relatively new but are struggling to make headway, or absolutely new and can't make any sense of it all.

The only commitment you will need to make is contributing to the community - we are not going to like people lurking in the long grass. The channel is not about technical issues, graphics problems, modding, future versions of SO, negative discussions regarding things that are wrong etc etc. Platforms already exist where things such as these can be posted and the developer will see them.

Our ethos is detailed and immersive discussions on SO play, so newer players can learn and older players can be given a little food for thought. And surely everyone likes to showoff their successes and progress don't they? Why not give us a go. We won't be the biggest community, but we will be the most enjoyable.

Our aim is absolutely not to replace these forums, but to provide an ongoing discussion about our own game-play and allow the members to post screenshots, share insights, ask questions and just generally move forward and really sink their teeth into this game.

If this sounds like something you can get behind, feel free to message me and I will gladly send you an invitation to the Discord, or see that message via Steam and PM aitch55.

Thu Nov 02, 2023 6:35 pm
Selling plater

Post Re: New Discord for new / experienced players
I'd be really keen to join this

Thu Jan 25, 2024 2:55 pm
Selling plater

Post Re: New Discord for new / experienced players
Il_Burro wrote:
I'd be really keen to join this

Check your PMs!

Fri Jan 26, 2024 10:34 pm
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]