View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 11:26 pm

Reply to topic  [ 18 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Starters Orders Touch now on desktop 
Selling plater

Post Re: Starters Orders Touch now on desktop
Hi. Loving SO Touch on the PC. SO6 and SO7 had got a bit samesy so the new interface is a breath of fresh air. Have a great game going on V1.022 and would like to update but I wonder if that will zap my current saved game? On SO7 and earlier, the saves were easily visible but I can't locate them to back them up on the new version. Can anyone who has installed a newer version verify whether the saves will still be there?

Sat Feb 10, 2024 7:41 pm
Selling plater

Hi Mark,

On my Iphone the distance icon is now visable but when I select a distance it just kind of resets itself after you put in the distance and doesnt filter the races. It actually seems to just filter all the races at the moment if you use it. It does tell you how many races there are of that distance.

Also this might well be me being clumsy but I accidently selected new game instead of continue saved game on my phone and it seems to of just over written my old save. I hadnt done an awfull lot but I had spent a few hours looking at features and old results and Stallions and Mares and staff and stuff but now it looks like that has all gone. The problem on the phone is a soon as you touch a button on the start screen it activates it but there is nothing on the button to really tell you whats what as you cant hover over it like you can with a mouse on a PC.

Im also struggling to find the save game files on the PC like RichB24 and I like to back my games up regulary manually after many many lost saves over the years of gaming and vowing to back up saves regulary so I dont lose valuable game saves carelessly anymore. If this isn't currently an option I would strongly recomend putting that option in there somewhere if possible as I can't count the amount of times I've had to go to a back up Starters Orders save over the years for varios reasons. I still have well over 100gb worth of saves knocking around all the way back to SO5 ! These horses really are my babies and I need to keep them safe lol !

Finally my main focus going forward is definatly going to be playing SO8 from both the management and VR jockey mode. One thing I have done over the years is play the beta or early release of the game and then save/store my top horses and transfer them into the final released version of the game to give my stable a big boost at the start of my proper game and also to motivate me to play the early game by building for the future. Will I be able to transfer Starters Orders Touch horses into Starters Orders 8 from the desktop PC ? Also would it be possible to bring in horses from my Ipad and Iphone games into Starters Orders 8 ?

Once again Mark thank you so much for continuing the series. I can not tell you how excited I am at the prospect of playing VR Jockey Mode in a game world with the improved AI and all the other brilliant ideas you have added into the gameworld.

Best Wishes Matt

Tue Feb 13, 2024 2:33 am
Selling plater

Hello, long time lurker having played many hours in starters orders 6 and 7. I bought Touch recently but I can't seem to get past the end of the flat season page. It just crashes to the desktop. I am playing with the large database on a UK flat/jumps mixed season on the PC desktop. I have the latest updated version but have tried at least ten times now saving before the end of the season every time but it always exits the game. Hope you can help, cheers. mcw.

Sun Mar 17, 2024 12:10 pm
Reply to topic   [ 18 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2