View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:53 pm

Reply to topic  [ 18 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Starters Orders Touch now on desktop 
Site Admin

Post Starters Orders Touch now on desktop
Starters Orders Touch is now available on desktop (PC via this website and Mac via the Apple store). The game has also been available on iOS for a few weeks and is currently sitting at a rating of 4.5/5 on the uk store.

Links:

Web page: https://www.startersorders.com/sot1.html

PC Buy now link: https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?c ... 9L8GG3W2EW

App store (tablets and phones): https://apple.co/3Rd04fA

App store (Mac): https://itunes.apple.com/app/6449464184

Thu Jan 18, 2024 1:50 pm
Selling plater

Post Re: Starters Orders Touch now on desktop
I'm a bit confused. Is this Starters Orders 8 or is that a seperate game? Also I downloaded the PC demo and it won't start because I get an error saying 'The code execution cannot proceed because VCOMP140.DLL was not found. Reinstalling the program may fix this problem'. I tried that and still get the same error message.

Thu Jan 18, 2024 2:14 pm
Site Admin

Quote:
I'm a bit confused. Is this Starters Orders 8 or is that a seperate game? Also I downloaded the PC demo and it won't start because I get an error saying 'The code execution cannot proceed because VCOMP140.DLL was not found. Reinstalling the program may fix this problem'. I tried that and still get the same error message.

Try downloading this file and run it. https://www.microsoft.com/en-ca/downloa ... x?id=48145

If that does not help please email support@startersorders.com

SO Touch can be seen as SO8 without the 3D visuals and jockey mode and a few other things. It has a 2D race sequence. If you don't like 2D wait for SO8. SO8 uses the same engine and race visuals as SO7 but with extra courses and other improvements. See the top link for the list of improvements over SO7.

Thu Jan 18, 2024 2:30 pm
Site Admin

Please note that while stats via Apple (for the mobile release) show the sim is very stable comparable to previous releases there will no doubt be the odd bug/crash. It's important to report these to support@startersorders.com especially on the PC build as it's easier to get end users to locate and send in their problem data files so any bugs can then be fixed. This is a great help. Thanks.

Also as development continues on SO8 new features may work their way back to SO Touch so expect updates.

Thu Jan 18, 2024 3:03 pm
Selling plater

Mark wrote:
Quote:

Try downloading this file and run it. https://www.microsoft.com/en-ca/downloa ... x?id=48145

If that does not help please email support@startersorders.com

SO Touch can be seen as SO8 without the 3D visuals and jockey mode and a few other things. It has a 2D race sequence. If you don't like 2D wait for SO8. SO8 uses the same engine and race visuals as SO7 but with extra courses and other improvements. See the top link for the list of improvements over SO7.

Thanks for the quick reply Mark. That worked, thank you. I'm going to wait for SO8 as I'm really looking forward to the jockey career mode. This demo will help me get used to the new menus. Cheers.

Thu Jan 18, 2024 3:04 pm
Handicapper

My usual PC. I can not get past the first season roll over without crashing out in a UK combo schedule. I am four out of four tries. So I pretty much can't play it past mid-year when the flat season rolls over. Another thing on UK combo was that all horses had sub 1.0 AEI, which is mathematically verrrrrrrry unlikely.

Other things:

I tried to import a portrait for my trainer. I could see the files I placed in the directory listed, but always with red X's. I put one of each format, of precisely the requested size (80x100), definitely not square. It always gave me the error that they were 64x64 in size and could not be loaded.

If you do sell/retire to breed all your horses and only have a couple of mares, then you have no way of getting back to the panel where you view the days races. You can still skip them or attend them. You just can't see them in advance.

Oh, and the "price" charged for expanding your available stalls is ... really funny.

Thu Jan 18, 2024 7:57 pm
Site Admin

Thanks. Fixes will be in next update.

Fri Jan 19, 2024 11:35 am
Handicapper

Great! If it matters for debugging, these are in the paid Touch for PC not the demo.

Do you want my further list of non-repeatable (but consistent) crashes, and cosmetic issues?

I have gotten a UK flat past the 1 year rollover, none of the crashes repeated so I could proceed past the ones I haven't listed.

Fri Jan 19, 2024 12:45 pm
Site Admin

Quote:
Do you want my further list of non-repeatable (but consistent) crashes, and cosmetic issues?

Yes please email them in. There is an update on all platforms that should be available within a day or two 1.023.

Sun Jan 21, 2024 2:13 pm
Selling plater

Hi Mark

Is there any difference between the MAC version and the PC Windows version.

Does one have more features over the other one?

Previously on other versions I believe the MAC version didn't have all the features that the PC Version had.

I have the option to purchase either version, would you recommend one over the other.

Thanks

Mon Jan 29, 2024 10:33 pm
Selling plater

HI Mark,

Hope you are well. I have been playing SO6 religiously just like I did when it was first released(10 hours plus a week across 4 saves) and was about to finally dive in deep to SO7 when I saw SO Touch available now and Possibly SO8 so thought i'd give SO touch a go before I got caught up in SO7. Im playing PC desktop version but have also purchased IOS version for my phone and possibly Ipad so will play them seperatly. These questions are about the PC Desktop version.

I dont know if Im missing something but two things have stood out to me straight away and I wanted to see wether it was just me or these things are fixed or could be changed/improved in the future.

1:Full Screen mode. I cant find a full screen option and when in windows with the screen as big as possible its not the best fit to my screen and its definatly not going to work at all with SO8 like that in my opinion. I have played Touch or watered down versions of other games but full screen has always been an option.

2:Race mode. While i get all your posts about 3D and 2D etc and am happy to play the management game(No jockey mode) in 2D like i basically do in SO6 and SO7 anyway, but the current mode doesnt seem to be letting me pull out for a long view of the field or change what horse im looking at. So for example in one race I watched a front runner went off ahead and I was forced to basically watch the horse run alone until another horse came to challange him in the last couple of furlongs. I have no idea what actually happened to any of the other horses in the race.

Its great to see you back on the Starters Orders wagon again and I am certainly very keen to see SO8 blossom into a great horse racing manager game just like all of your previous versions.

Best wishes Matt

Wed Jan 31, 2024 6:27 pm
Site Admin

Quote:
1:Full Screen mode. I cant find a full screen option and when in windows with the screen as big as possible its not the best fit to my screen and its definatly not going to work at all with SO8 like that in my opinion. I have played Touch or watered down versions of other games but full screen has always been an option.

Regarding full screen mode this option does exist on some machines but not others. It depends on your desktop reolution / aspect ratio. The game uses quite an unusual aspect ratio and scaling to fit many standard resolution desktops does not look right hence no full screen mode. Idealy I need to look at supporting 1080p full screen as this is by for the most common resultion (60% according to Steam).

Quote:
but the current mode doesnt seem to be letting me pull out for a long view of the field or change what horse im looking at.

On tablets you can swipe the screen to pan back and see the field. On desktop you use the cursors to do the same thing.

Fri Feb 02, 2024 12:36 pm
Site Admin

The PC build is now on v1.028 which should enable full screen mode and also fix some ploblems related to render targets (the race icons on the main screen).

Tue Feb 06, 2024 2:06 pm
Selling plater

Hi Mark

Thank you for full screen mode. That is much better for my display 3840x2160 than it was.

A couple of other things ive noticed on my Iphone 10Xr when entering races the select distance option isnt visable. This makes selecting races a much longer process. On my Ipad this option is available so it may be a screen size thing. Are you aware of a fix for this ?

Also in my PC game I have turned legends on and Mill Reef is the top stalion with a stud fee of 48,000,000 which is obviously redicuoulusly high. Im not sure if this is a kind of bug or just a combination of some circumstances but is extremely unrealistic.

Ive also noticed that with the race schedule on champions day the Mares 1m 4f championship is missing along with the Stayers 2m championship and the Sprint 6F championship, these are all big season target races(for me at least) and it is also possibly the biggest day in British racing and its Premier flat racing event so its not the best day to be mostly missing from the schedule. I also notised the Chester Vase festival is all on one day for some reason, other than this the schedule seems ok but will check again more closely soon.

Thanks again Mark and I think there are real improvements in this game from previous titles so it is looking very good for the future.

Best wishes Matt

Tue Feb 06, 2024 2:27 pm
Site Admin

Quote:
A couple of other things ive noticed on my Iphone 10Xr when entering races the select distance option isnt visable. This makes selecting races a much longer process. On my Ipad this option is available so it may be a screen size thing. Are you aware of a fix for this ?

Also in my PC game I have turned legends on and Mill Reef is the top stalion with a stud fee of 48,000,000 which is obviously redicuoulusly high. Im not sure if this is a kind of bug or just a combination of some circumstances but is extremely unrealistic.

Ive also noticed that with the race schedule on champions day the Mares 1m 4f championship is missing along with the Stayers 2m championship and the Sprint 6F championship, these are all big season target races(for me at least) and it is also possibly the biggest day in British racing and its Premier flat racing event so its not the best day to be mostly missing from the schedule. I also notised the Chester Vase festival is all on one day for some reason, other than this the schedule seems ok but will check again more closely soon.

Thanks again Mark and I think there are real improvements in this game from previous titles so it is looking very good for the future.

Thanks for the report.

The Ascot races are in there but due to a naming error are not getting picked up so this will be fixed next update.

As for the phone distance filter I left this out on purpose due to lack of room but I can see how it can fit in so that will also be in next update.

Tue Feb 06, 2024 5:24 pm
Reply to topic   [ 18 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next