View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu May 02, 2024 7:44 am

Reply to topic  [ 62 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 An SO4 League on this forum 
Ok jay, your right mate lets all calm down a wee bit, I wouldn't mind seeing a new League start over here connected to this forum, that would be awesome after all, there is nothing wrong with two on line Leagues running and once a month the two can compete against each other it would only help the game grow more, is that an acceptable post this time?

You have got to understand one thing jay, there is a lot of people that don't like to go to the other forum, league or no league mate.

Wed Jan 20, 2010 5:07 pm
Group 1 winner

Just to say l can see where evryone is coming from, I myself didnt even know after coming back from 2 seasons off that we had to go to YUKU. Now l have l can see although its easy to use still not as simple as this one. I think JC means like a dedicated seperate site like this just for the league as l think new players trying to attract to the online league might struggle with YUKU. Me im easy with both sites even tho l aint used Yuku that much isnt too hard to navigate but can see JC point.

Wed Jan 20, 2010 5:45 pm
Group 1 winner

There is a post in the league discussion area of this site with a link to the league forums so I dont see the locality a problem.

I do agree that Yuku is confusing especially to virgins. There are too many individual forums linked together but thats another debate.

We need to increase numbers in the SOPL so I disagree strongly re another league. Why do we need two leagues?

The SOPL needs to cater for all SO players. We need more low grade races etc but I am sure something can be done in the future.

There is a now a guide which is helpful for first timers.

Wed Jan 20, 2010 6:53 pm
There is a post in the league discussion area of this site with a link to the league forums so I dont see the locality a problem.

I do agree that Yuku is confusing especially to virgins. There are too many individual forums linked together but thats another debate.

We need to increase numbers in the SOPL so I disagree strongly re another league. Why do we need two leagues?

The SOPL needs to cater for all SO players. We need more low grade races etc but I am sure something can be done in the future.

Your say and you are most welcome to that jay, but not all do agree with your say, sorry mate, a lot of people as I said do not like to go to the other forum and I'm one of them, why wouldn't two leagues be better then one? it can only add to the game, for it's future,
I would have to say lets agree to disagree on that issue jay and leave it there.

Wed Jan 20, 2010 7:00 pm
Group 1 winner

jasonpaulburke wrote:

Your say and you are most welcome to that jay, but not all do agree with your say, sorry mate, a lot of people as I said do not like to go to the other forum and I'm one of them, why wouldn't two leagues be better then one? it can only add to the game, for it's future,
I would have to say lets agree to disagree on that issue jay and leave it there.

JC, I have not said I dont want the league forum to move. ORLWorld run the SOPL so it will go wherever they choose. I must say though that more will agree then more will disagree with what I have said.

The SOPL needs more members. Creating another league will reduce numbers in that. I dont see the point. Why don't we all race in ONE LEAGUE.

You mentioned people being confused. What do you think two leagues is going to do? I think confuse people even more.

Wed Jan 20, 2010 7:14 pm
Group 1 winner

Where the hell is this Im an old hand at this and im still crap :lol:

Wed Jan 20, 2010 7:19 pm
Group 2 winner

why wouldn't two leagues be better then one?

That would have to come down to numbers JC. Many players have stated that they are just not interested in league racing, for various reasons. Although it sounds a good idea in principle, if you failed to get the numbers, and stretch the already thin numbers across two leagues, they could both fail.

I would doubt that you get enough trainer numbers, or staff with free time to volunteer, to make two leagues a viable option.

Last edited by colmodea on Wed Jan 20, 2010 7:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wed Jan 20, 2010 7:53 pm
Group 2 winner

Where the hell is this Im an old hand at this and im still crap :lol:

I'm putting the finishing touches to that this week and will let you know when it's ready bud..

Wed Jan 20, 2010 7:54 pm
JC Night wrote:
jasonpaulburke wrote:
JC, I have not said I dont want the league forum to move. ORLWorld run the SOPL so it will go wherever they choose. I must say though that more will agree then more will disagree with what I have said.

The SOPL needs more members. Creating another league will reduce numbers in that. I dont see the point. Why don't we all race in ONE LEAGUE.

You mentioned people being confused. What do you think two leagues is going to do? I think confuse people even more.

Jay I am not disputing that at all, but I have to say this again there are many people that don't like going to that forum and I'm one of these people I would have to say more then there are people in the sopl league, so all I'm saying the game needs it's own forum a stand alone forum, I would be happy to pay for it myself, and if ORLWorld wants to keep running a starters orders league now and in the future, I honestly don't have a problem with that, now I ask you, what am I saying wrong here?

Wed Jan 20, 2010 8:03 pm
JC Night wrote:
why wouldn't two leagues be better then one?

That would have to come down to numbers JC. Many players have stated that they are just not interested in league racing, for various reasons. Although it sounds a good idea in principle, if you failed to get the numbers, and stretch the already thin numbers across two leagues, they could both fail.

I would doubt that you get enough trainer numbers, or staff with free time to volunteer, to make two leagues a viable option.

Ok col I aggree with everything you have said mate one is better then two for the numbers sake, but why does our league have to be on the ORLWorld forum, after all that forum caters for GR Racer, why can't we have our very own forum & league all under one roof, our game is growing and mark is here for a very long time and thank god for that, all I'm saying is if we love and respect our game, we should be making plans for the future for it, thats all col. thanks for your input, it's well respected by me always col.

Wed Jan 20, 2010 8:14 pm
Group 1 winner

jasonpaulburke wrote:
JC Night wrote:
jasonpaulburke wrote:

Jay I am not disputing that at all, but I have to say this again there are many people that don't like going to that forum and I'm one of these people I would have to say more then there are people in the sopl league, so all I'm saying the game needs it's own forum a stand alone forum, I would be happy to pay for it myself, and if ORLWorld wants to keep running a starters orders league now and in the future, I honestly don't have a problem with that, now I ask you, what am I saying wrong here?

JC, I never mentioned you saying anything wrong. If Mark agrees then yes I would prefer the league to be on this forum definitely. I just wanted to get across that Mark has nothing to do with the league unfortunately.

Wed Jan 20, 2010 8:43 pm
Group 2 winner

but why does our league have to be on the ORLWorld forum, after all that forum caters for GR Racer, why can't we have our very own forum & league all under one roof

The ORLWorld Forum, is Jim's idea and vision to have different leagues, using different games all under one roof. So a forum member could see all that was on offer, and perhaps buy one of the other games, that they didn't know existed, and give those leagues a try also.

The SOPL is part of that vision. It would be very wrong of me, in many respects, to up and move someone's else idea to another forum mate.

Wed Jan 20, 2010 8:54 pm
Then why can't we start it jay, I am sure mark would agree with us all if we look after it and run it successfully I would be the first man to point the finger at you, Col and other great people on here to run the forum and the league it would be our league and I know from my heart that we will have the numbers jay, Build it, and they will come, I know it.

Wed Jan 20, 2010 8:58 pm
JC Night wrote:
but why does our league have to be on the ORLWorld forum, after all that forum caters for GR Racer, why can't we have our very own forum & league all under one roof

The ORLWorld Forum, is Jim's idea and vision to have different leagues, using different games all under one roof. So a forum member could see all that was on offer, and perhaps buy one of the other games, that they didn't know existed, and give those leagues a try also.

The SOPL is part of that vision. It would be very wrong of me, in many respects, to up and move someone's else idea to another forum mate.

I agree Col, but our Ideas, our vision our look to the future of how and what the game will be like, we will give it a new name, and a totally new look.
Anyway guys that's what I believe in for this wonderful game some will disagree with me or maybe all, but we have to have dreams and hope otherwise we wouldn't be human.

and thank you so much for hearing me out, I Respect you guys so much that the last thing I want is to argue with any of you again.

Wed Jan 20, 2010 9:06 pm
Group 1 winner

I have to agree with Colm though. It is abit unfair on Jim to take over his idea and move it. Put yourself in Jim's shoes. I for one wouldn't like it.

The SOPL does need to change. Its too regimented and I feel new ideas are brushed aside too easily. The SOPL should listen to its members more but anyway thats another debate.

Wed Jan 20, 2010 9:59 pm
Reply to topic   [ 62 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next