View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu May 02, 2024 2:07 pm

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
 Use of Pacifiers - Please Help 
Selling plater

Post Use of Pacifiers - Please Help
Hi guys,

Sorry if this is a dumb question but I'm new to this game and still very much learning.

Can somebody please explain how and when you know that your horse needs pacifiers, and if it does then which ones do you use (cheekpieces, blinkers etc). Is it simply through extensive training, or is it through jockey feedback.

Thanks in advance for your answers.

Mike

Mon Jan 25, 2010 10:16 am
Handicapper

Purely through Jockey feedback. If the jockey states that horse "ran lazily", or "was'nt putting it all in" or "is'nt genuine" then use pacifiers, or as a last resort, geld it (if it's a boy!!). Does'nt work on horses that won't settle though, in my experience. :?

Mon Jan 25, 2010 10:46 am
Selling plater

Purely through Jockey feedback. If the jockey states that horse "ran lazily", or "was'nt putting it all in" or "is'nt genuine" then use pacifiers, or as a last resort, geld it (if it's a boy!!). Does'nt work on horses that won't settle though, in my experience. :?

I aslo don't know to much about Pacifiers.

I know when to give the horse them but what is each one for.

When do you use each one?

Mon Jan 25, 2010 3:08 pm
Group 1 winner

You can tell when you go into the 'Training' option from the main menu, and your head lad tells you!

Mon Jan 25, 2010 7:50 pm
Profile WWW
Group 2 winner

Different horses need different pacifiers.

Lazy, Un-genuine horses respond more with Blinkers. Excitable fillies calm a little with Cheekpieces, etc.

You'll have to try one and get jockey feedback. If they say they haven't "settled" during the race, but are running on their favourite ground, try a different pacifier.

Once the horse has run on, or near it's ideal ground, and you don't get "un-settled" reports. It would look like you've chosen the right pacifier for that horse.

Mon Jan 25, 2010 8:09 pm
Selling plater

fairy1980 wrote:

Different horses need different pacifiers.

Lazy, Un-genuine horses respond more with Blinkers. Excitable fillies calm a little with Cheekpieces, etc.

You'll have to try one and get jockey feedback. If they say they haven't "settled" during the race, but are running on their favourite ground, try a different pacifier.

Once the horse has run on, or near it's ideal ground, and you don't get "un-settled" reports. It would look like you've chosen the right pacifier for that horse.

cheers

Mon Jan 25, 2010 9:14 pm
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ]