View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu May 02, 2024 12:54 pm

Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ] 
 Exporting 
Group 1 winner

Post Exporting
Just wondered what everyone does, I myself always export horses with no preference and let jockey decide. Anyone give orders and get better results or am i doing right???

Thu Jan 28, 2010 3:21 pm
Handicapper

I always give orders, if over there career they may suit 1 or more styles of running i will export with both a decide for myself which is best.

I think someone in the legue last season had no preference on all or some of there horses, correct me if i'm wrong but i think it was colm and he said he would export with a prefered style next time.I could be wrong though.

Thu Jan 28, 2010 5:02 pm
Group 2 winner

You're right, it was me. Never mind winning, I cost myself a "chance" of even placing in many races as a result of not giving orders. Every horse gets orders now.

The jockeys assigned to ride your horses in each race is random, some ride very well, some OK, and some jockeys have received numerous death threats from my many fans :D

Thu Jan 28, 2010 5:11 pm
Group 1 winner

Thu Jan 28, 2010 5:46 pm
Handicapper

Haha thought it was, good luck mwesty with your exports hope you find something special and will look forward to seeing you in the league.

Thu Jan 28, 2010 8:05 pm
Selling plater

Just curious, for those of you that export with instructions are you using the same instructions for all horses or changing for each horse?

Thu Jan 28, 2010 10:55 pm
Selling plater

Each horse as a individual.See what the jockey says suits.

Thu Jan 28, 2010 11:33 pm
Group 1 winner

I always give jockeys orders when exporting too.

What I normally do is export the same horse at 2 or 3 different styles of riding. I rename them with 01, 02, and 03 at the beginning of the file name. Then I copy them once each. So we now have pairs of the different riding styles. Then I race them in the race builder to see which type consistently wins. I know this because the race builder sorts the horses in numerical order so that I am aware which racing style is which horse number. Usually the horses perform much better at a certain style.

For example I play the Australian game and try horses at "Race Handy", "Even Pace" and "Slight Hold Up." The horse usually performs better or more consistently at one particular racing style. You still need to test at different distances as the style might change but if you know what distances are suitable and it’s usually a narrow range i.e. 1400m and 1600m only, you can determine the racing style. This is very important for league purposes. Have you ever had a horse loose by a head to half a length? Well it could be that you have not selected the optimum racing style. There are other factors too as the quality of the league jockey on your horse, barrier, the way the race is run etc.

Why do I pair the horses when testing them? Because there are times when the horse is fired up or starts bad which is not a true “usual performance”. So the second horse will hopefully be free of these disadvantages and race accordingly.

Notice that I try "Race Handy", "Even Pace" and "Slight Hold Up" which is not all the racing styles. I once had a horse race as “Race Handy” and performed quite well only to discover it was a “Force the Pace” horse after woods. I lost ½ to 1L every time. It is also true that there are no differences in performance in different styles as well. I all depend on your horse and breed.

I had a horse that was trialled in “Race Handy” and “Even Pace” with no noticeable difference, but was poor at the rest.

Trial, trial, trial is the key. A lot of work involved if you really get into it.

There are some of my tips

Please note that I have only played in the league once and have never one a Group race apart from the horse that was donated to me by Jay… the famous “Payton to Marvin” (well famous in my household anyway). So I am no expert but consider myself very average. It’s the breeding that I have to figure out to be good in the league. Maybe some of the experts can give us some secret tips. Just little ones.

Cheers all.

Thu Jan 28, 2010 11:41 pm
Group 1 winner

jesus that must take ages mate, i take bout an hour in ck just trialing my 34 2yo so far never mind having 3 of each horse!!!! Fair play to ya

Thu Jan 28, 2010 11:50 pm
Group 1 winner

But I only have about a dozen horses of each distance and discard most of them.

Cheers mwesty1

Fri Jan 29, 2010 12:03 am
Reply to topic   [ 10 posts ]