View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu May 02, 2024 4:11 am

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
 Confused 
Handicapper

Post Confused
Just tried one of my horses in a bumper and after race comment in result was "restrained early never competitive eased when beaten"
it was always last beaten 10 lengths.
Jockey stated "Ridden handy loved the ground and distance"
How do you explain that?
PS I let jockey use his own judgement and gave no instructions.

Bill

Fri Jan 29, 2010 12:36 am
Group 1 winner

Yes i noticed a horse of mine said held up smooth headway, cosily. Jockey said even pace??

Fri Jan 29, 2010 1:14 am
Handicapper

I found something with the bumper races and that is that, the horse always says it goes well over distance....so then I was wondering whether i need to use my horses flat distance on a bumper race?

Anyone know?

Fri Jan 29, 2010 4:14 am
Group 1 winner

I've found some odd comments on the jumps side and especially bumper side. I had one horse which was held up on the first start and was last, the comment was 'Held up, which didn't suit. The horse will benefit for a longer trip.' Same trip, same ground, same jockey next time the horse won, the comment was 'held up, which suited. The horse won that well' When the jockey actually sat much closer because there was no pace in the race which is why the horse's stamina came into play when it took up the lead with around 6f to go! Very strange.

Fri Jan 29, 2010 9:31 pm
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]