View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Jun 16, 2024 11:23 am

Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ] 
 Little help please 
Selling plater

Post Little help please
New to the forum but been playing game for a few days now.

Using Dancing Brave everything pack and Stotfolds flat world schedule.

What I need help with is that I play normal mode and find it very hard to get your cash flow up if you start off with a medium stable.

I find that I need to go betting nearly every day so that I can afford better training from the finance menu.

Question is what is best way to play game if you have a medium stable i found putting my horse into a seller that it was clear on ratings and going max bet helped but cant do that for a full year.

What about 2yo when is best time to race I thought May to July as it gave me 3 or 4 months to do training and gallops.

Any help or advice would be much welcome

Cheers

Scott

Sat Jan 30, 2010 3:31 am
Group 1 winner

I can be very difficult. Some people have tried a program called 'Art Money' which they use to put however much cash they want into a selected game. You then have enough money to upgrade the stables, have the breeding barn etc and buy any horse you want.

Some people save the game on the first day, then take the first few days maybe, 3-5days, and write down every horse that won each race on those days. They then press Ctrl-Alt-Delete/ Ctrl-Shift-Escape (If you're on Vista) to bring up the task manager and end the game. They then go back into the game and bet on every horse that they wrote down. You won't win every time but if you do max win on every race then you should come out with a good few million to get you going.

With both of these methods you generally sell all the horses you're given at the beginning of the season unless they're rated 95+ because they don't tend to be very good. You then have to trawl the auctions for high rated (86+) horses coming out of sellers for something that might turn out to be good, it might be good to breed from anyway even if it's no good on track.

If you don't want to cheat:

Sell your horses on the first day and trawl the auctions as above or buy all the stable upgrades then look for an affordable horse or two which you can race and bet on to get you extra cash.

Finally play like a real trainer and keep the horses you're given and try to find races for them to run in. If they're in an easy class then bet on them to bring in extra cash. In addition follow the form of horses in other races so you can bet on those to bring in even more cash.

The latter two take much longer. I've tried every method and have found that in the long run you end up with the same outcome. That is a top class stable which regularly farms the group races. Although as I said the latter two take much longer and require a lot more dedication and patience.

Sat Jan 30, 2010 10:53 am
Selling plater

Thanks for advice trying to play like a real trainer and aim horses for there right class.

Will do the bet thing and see how it goes will be a good help in the long run as trying to bet every day to generate money can be a little tiresome.

Thanks again.

Sat Jan 30, 2010 12:04 pm
Group 1 winner

Although it's way more fun to start with sod all and work your way up in my view, all be it time consuming, having joined the league, I'm aware that good bloodlines are key, and to get that you need good horses which cost money, so I've opened a separate game and tried the 'note the results, Ctrl+Alt+Del out, and then back them system' but with interference during races, I found it was way more worth while to look for two horses at decent prices who finished comfortably clear of the third. Then either back the SFC or RFC, takes less time and pays a lot more.

Sat Jan 30, 2010 1:48 pm
Selling plater

Done 1 week of results and restarted game and got a handy budget built up my stable and bought a few horses.

Into 2nd season bought this fella gave him a steady first year before his big campaign as a 3yo.

Next stop breeders cup.

If he wins breeders cup will be retired to stud for my stable.

Sat Jan 30, 2010 6:39 pm
Group 1 winner

BTW did you know you've spelt Farm wrong in your stable name. Unless that's how it's supposed to be...?!

Sat Jan 30, 2010 8:26 pm
Selling plater

Thanks won the breeders cup turf group 1 in style.

Stable name is default going to change it now well spotted.

Sat Jan 30, 2010 9:10 pm
Group 1 winner

Fantastic horse, are you retiring him now to stud?

Sun Jan 31, 2010 6:52 am
Selling plater

Retired to Stud produced 7 off spring in last 4 years with the best through this season I have two very promising 2 y/o's who are 1m2f roughly and another who may be stylish over 1m.

Sun Jan 31, 2010 9:00 am
Selling plater

Would have been happy to breed 1 good group 1 runner from him but 2 from the same year very happy.

Playing on Normal and manual training.

Sun Jan 31, 2010 6:52 pm
Reply to topic   [ 10 posts ]