View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed May 01, 2024 5:37 pm

Reply to topic  [ 27 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 You Plonker Rodney!! 
Group 1 winner

I'm still smarting about it myself. I'm doing alright, got a few of a decent standard to go in with but I was quietly confident she would land me a G1 so she'll be a big miss. One thing doing it in the CK, but I would have really liked to have seen how good she actually was in the league.

Tue Feb 23, 2010 2:52 pm
Selling plater

If it makes you feel any better, I have several 2YO's which would have bested yours by multiple lengths. This includes skipping along the final furlong and playing to the crowd. :wink:

Wed Feb 24, 2010 12:56 am
Group 1 winner

If it makes you feel any better, I have several 2YO's which would have bested yours by multiple lengths. This includes skipping along the final furlong and playing to the crowd. :wink:

You have a 2yo that runs quicker than 1.35????????

Wed Feb 24, 2010 1:11 am
Selling plater

Bronco wrote:

Imagine the times it they weren't skipping at the end. 8)

Seriously, no....not even close.

Wed Feb 24, 2010 1:44 am
Group 1 winner

mwesty1 wrote:
Bronco wrote:

Imagine the times it they weren't skipping at the end. 8)

Seriously, no....not even close.

WOW l was starting to worry as l thought this time was un believable :lol:

Wed Feb 24, 2010 1:46 am
Group 1 winner

Wed Feb 24, 2010 2:32 pm
Group 1 winner

Times as I have said many times are misleading although this time posted is pretty good. It isn't believable the time is that good.

If the horse was posting times like this as a 2yo it would have certainly been just as good at 3 so I think the time could have been a fluke :D

We will never know...

Jay

Wed Feb 24, 2010 8:42 pm
Group 2 winner

Post Re: You Plonker Rodney!!
Dancing Brave wrote:
After installing the latest patch, I was having difficulty loading one of my saved games that I was using to breed league horses. I'd obviously changed something in one of the data sections but for the life of me, I couldn't figure out what!
So I decided to uninstall everything and try to figure it out, piece by piece. I had my data mods backed up along with the changes to the gfx folder, and backed up my saved game folder. Cleared everything of my pc and reinstalled the game.
Unable to work out what it was I'd changed, I figured, sod it, just start again. A couple of seasons into my new game, I exported my first horse to the Ck to test it, only to be greeted by a moment of horror, when it dawned on me the one thing I hadn't backed up was my exported horses. My CK standard setters GONE. My CK pacemakers GONE. My 13 league horses GONE. That included my star 2yo filly who could run 1:35:2 on good ground over a mile at Newmarket.
And because it took me 24 hours to notice, my protection software had run over night and damaged the files that were recoverable to such a degree I can't repair them.

WHAT A PLONKER!!

I've just done something similar after I installed the latest patch, I was on season 40 at the end of season awards and I got the dreaded access violation, tried everything I could think of to get may saved back, luckily all my exports are backed up. I've had to do a clean install so its back to season 1 day 1 :cry:

Thu Mar 04, 2010 5:05 pm
Group 1 winner

It's such a nasty feeling when you realise all your work and time has gone. You would of had a hell of a lot of good bloodlines by season 40 I'm guessing.

Go grab a bottle of Bourbon, it makes starting again less painful. :P

Thu Mar 04, 2010 5:51 pm
Group 1 winner

This sounds horrible. How do I stop this from happening?

and also im new to this game - what are ck horses and what is the league about?

Fri Mar 05, 2010 9:27 am
Group 1 winner

UNBELIEVABLE.....You read this and think god hope that dont happen to me. Then through my own Stupidity lose everything except my exports. Aint got time till next upload either. Bad times just hope we have another league next year with SO4 and Mark dont release another 1 before then lol

Wed Apr 07, 2010 9:24 pm
Group 2 winner

I'm finding it hard to get going again, only on season 5. I hope you have better luck mate

Thu Apr 08, 2010 8:33 am
Reply to topic   [ 27 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2