View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed May 01, 2024 11:19 pm

Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 
 The Brocklesby, finally! 
Group 1 winner

Post The Brocklesby, finally!
I won the Brocklesby! I've started a flat game and have been rushing through the seasons to get my breeding going. This is one of my creations. I usually have 4/5 runners in the race but have never won it. At last! In comparison to some other times of the race it's a pretty good time too.

This is the third horse out of Adapt who I got in my first season. She won 4 G1's for me. So pleased she has given me some great horses to get the breeding programme properly underway!

Fri Apr 02, 2010 10:58 am
Handicapper

Well done, from my experiences it is a really hard race to win. You can enter your best horses but it is still tricky.

Sat Apr 03, 2010 9:49 am
Group 1 winner

Thanks, that's why I was so pleased. Hoping he'll be a really good one!

Sat Apr 03, 2010 11:00 am
Group 1 winner

I find that if you run a gallop at the beginning of the season, then the horse that wins the gallop will usually have the ability to win the Brocklesby.

Sun Apr 04, 2010 8:40 am
Profile WWW
Group 1 winner

That's what I always do, but until now it's never given me the result. Although I did have the second last season.

Sun Apr 04, 2010 9:31 am
Group 1 winner

I have been very lucky in this race, been soft a few times which my horses seem to like

Sun Apr 04, 2010 10:21 am
Group 1 winner

yeah i have a really good record in the brocklesby, guineas, oaks , arc , breeders cup etc etc. The only race i havnt won more than once is the derby !!!!so many seconds.

still tho - all these horses that are great in game are no good in ck, so im gunna start concentrating on producing better horses for the league

Sun Apr 04, 2010 2:37 pm
Selling plater

I've only won the race once, and that was with a homebred who ended up completing the Guiness double the following year.

I find that most of my homebreds prefer firmish ground, and 9/10 at Doncaster in April its good to soft at the very best.

Still doesn't stop me from blindly trying to win the thing though!!

Wed Apr 07, 2010 12:21 pm
Reply to topic   [ 8 posts ]