View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed May 01, 2024 7:21 pm

Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 
 Group win Count? Or Race Stopwatch Time 

Group 1 Win Count 50%  50%  [ 3 ]
Stopwatch against Race standard Time 33%  33%  [ 2 ]
Both are equally important 17%  17%  [ 1 ]
Total votes : 6

Handicapper

Post Group win Count? Or Race Stopwatch Time
This question & poll is aimed at the experienced pro user of the SO series.

Which is more important for breeding and for the online league.

Horses group 1 win count? or the stopwatch times it achieves agianst the standard Race course time??

Opinions please.

Thu Apr 08, 2010 2:29 pm
Group 1 winner

For league play it comes down to how they trial in the Race Builder.

Thu Apr 08, 2010 5:13 pm
Profile WWW
Handicapper

Thu Apr 08, 2010 6:59 pm
Handicapper

keeping the cards close to the chest hey.....no disclosure of info then...
Only joking.
So basically it comes down to exporting good winners and racing them in the CK......
Gonna Geld a load of those quirky ones and labotomize them so they know only how to win races.

Wheres me blow torch & pliers

Thu Apr 08, 2010 7:16 pm
Group 1 winner

At start of new season, save game then forward to a time in the game that you are happy with to export horses, i do mine in august , so in august export all your 3 year olds with instructions. Now ctrl alt delete to bring up task manager and close SO4. Go to the race builder and trial your horses over different distances and goings Etc. Once you find the horses who perform better then the rest go back into so4 which will start at the begining of season, Retire all them dud horses and then play through the season with the race builder horses that performed the best,new two year olds should be given runs so when you get to the start of next season you have the instructions you need for exporting again at 3yrs old which inturn should speed your seasons along as well. You would also do your 4 year olds and 5 year olds every season that you progress.

Hope this helps.

If only i was doing this before my first lot of uploads! Put lots of horses in that were great game horses but awful in the race builder, with the tips from other trainers soon realised how important it is to trial.

Thu Apr 08, 2010 10:04 pm
Handicapper

Try this,

At start of new season, save game then forward to a time in the game that you are happy with to export horses, i do mine in august , so in august export all your 3 year olds with instructions. Now ctrl alt delete to bring up task manager and close SO4. Go to the race builder and trial your horses over different distances and goings Etc. Once you find the horses who perform better then the rest go back into so4 which will start at the begining of season, Retire all them dud horses and then play through the season with the race builder horses that performed the best,new two year olds should be given runs so when you get to the start of next season you have the instructions you need for exporting again at 3yrs old which inturn should speed your seasons along as well. You would also do your 4 year olds and 5 year olds every season that you progress.

Hope this helps.

If only i was doing this before my first lot of uploads! Put lots of horses in that were great game horses but awful in the race builder, with the tips from other trainers soon realised how important it is to trial.

This is a fantastic help and insight into how to play an alternative way for the league. Thanks

Fri Apr 09, 2010 10:48 am
Handicapper

This is probably the best way to play if you are only interested in getting horses ready for the league. However, playing Devils advocate for a second, just be careful that you dont lose your enthusiasm for the game. I ended up hating SO2 because I became obsessed with the league.
I have now decided to become a bit part SO4 league player by balancing league and normal game play - and I've already fluked a win in the league which gave me more pleasure than winning group 1's in SO2 league!

Bermenstein wrote:
hackett wrote:
Try this,

Hope this helps.

This is a fantastic help and insight into how to play an alternative way for the league. Thanks

Fri Apr 09, 2010 3:09 pm
Group 2 winner

I have now decided to become a bit part SO4 league player by balancing league and normal game play - and I've already fluked a win in the league which gave me more pleasure than winning group 1's in SO2 league!

Well said Paul.

There will be losts of discussions on here and Yuku, about ways to train, etc. The most important part of the game, regardless of whether you play in the league or not is, you must play the game your own way, that give you maximum enjoyment.

Fri Apr 09, 2010 4:33 pm
Reply to topic   [ 8 posts ]