View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed May 01, 2024 2:58 pm

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
 Starting A Game 
Selling plater

Post Starting A Game
Ok so I'm new to it all and am enjoying the game very much.

Just a quick question - On starting a game (as a relative newbie) what do you do? Do you sell you 2 year old to free up some cash? Or do you race your 3/4 in sellers etc...

Either way my main question is - What do you look for in your first 'big' horse? Obviously they won't be much cop from auctions unless you get lucky but are there signs to look for apart from rating and 'sires' etc....

Hopefully you don't mind me posting this.
Any advice AT ALL is welcomed...

Bash

Fri Apr 09, 2010 9:21 pm
Group 1 winner

Firstly, I'm not having a go at you or anyone but for any 'newbie' reading this PLEASE PLEASE SEARCH the forum using the search button at the top for how to start a game. There are literally millions of threads and it saves lots of internet space being used up for exactly the same purpose. Plus it gets to be a pain having to answer the same question over and over again. Anyway I don't resent it just thought I'd mention it for the future.

Most people sell all the horses they're given at the beginning of the game. If you're on easy mode and you get one rated 97+ I'd be tempted to keep it because it could well win you a group race early on, I'd enter them at Dubai and see how you go, if you win or place you'll have lots of extra cash to buy the facilities. Some horses at the start of the game win sellers and are actually top horses. Go for the ones rated 86+, not a guarantee but you could get a nice couple of runners for the season or a half decent mare to start breeding from.

With the first big horse you'll probably notice it's good when it wins you a G1. They will probably have quite a lot more speed and acceleration than an average horse but they won't necessarily 'look' any different to any other horse, only racing will tell. But don't be afraid to enter in the big races, you may well be last but maybe not, especially in the first season because the entries seem to be up the wall in the first season or two so you might be able to steal a big win.

:roll: :roll: :roll: :lol: :roll: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sat Apr 10, 2010 6:34 am
Selling plater

Thanks SC, Apologies for posting the question - to be honest I totally missed the search box but will use it in future!

Apologies to all for probably posting this for the umpteenth time. Thanks for your reply - It's very much appreciated.

Bash

Sat Apr 10, 2010 7:32 pm
Group 1 winner

Not need to apologise at all. Just thought I'd say it. I don't know what's up with all the smiley faces at the bottom of the page??!!

Anyway I hope that helps a bit. There is a lot of info on this forum that will hopefully help. If not hopefully someone else will come along soon.

Sun Apr 11, 2010 1:12 pm
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]