View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed May 01, 2024 5:13 pm

Reply to topic  [ 21 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Thinking of gelding for the league, read this............... 
Group 1 winner

Thu Apr 15, 2010 10:53 pm
Group 3 winner

or auction it and watch it beat all your new horses after the bloody AI trainer gelded it.

I now retire all horses I don`t want as I hate having my faced rubbed in the fact I`ve lost a great horse.

I hate gelding horses, it hurts even though it`s not real it still makes me cringe. I have only done it twice and would rather just retire from game but when I see a horse break a record time in game then run stupid over and over again it becomes an option.

Disclaimer: I play jumps and find the flat game boring and have never gelded a flat horse unless I was drunk and don`t remember.

Fri Apr 16, 2010 2:50 am
Handicapper

Makes the game harder if you auction them. Try having 2 horses run 2nd & 3rd to a horse you had sold, in every Oaks throughout the season (AUS game so their is about 5 or 6)

Fri Apr 16, 2010 3:24 am
Group 3 winner

Makes the game harder if you auction them. Try having 2 horses run 2nd & 3rd to a horse you had sold, in every Oaks throughout the season (AUS game so their is about 5 or 6)

Had a similar experience with a 3 miler, walked away with every top 3m+ hurdle race for the next 5+ seasons after the AI gelded him. Was kicking myself, might have made a nice league horse.

Fri Apr 16, 2010 12:08 pm
Selling plater

i'm only new to the game having played only a few seasons. Last night I gelded a horse who was struggling after he won well as a 2yr old. as a 3yr old he just wasen't upto it. so late in the season i gelded him. when he hit 4 he came out and won 4 group races. I was kicking myself thinking maybe he could have done it as a stallion (although maybe not who really knows)

Then i accidently windowed out of the game and went to go back in and game crashed. first and only horse too win a group race. Ahh well i'll just have to start again. Really looking forward to league races once i get some breeding happening. I usually play greyhound manager and have clocked up over 80 seasons in 1 game and my best times are some of the best in the game so i hope i can replicate some of that form in starters orders 4

Sat Apr 17, 2010 1:15 am
Group 1 winner

Sat Apr 17, 2010 9:08 am
Reply to topic   [ 21 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2