View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon May 06, 2024 10:46 am

Reply to topic  [ 21 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Thinking of gelding for the league, read this............... 
Group 3 winner

Post Thinking of gelding for the league, read this...............
After all the uproar of gelding for the league, does it improve or not??
I thought I'll give it a go.

Mid August, Vets samarai at the ready, ctrl-alt-dlte, 42 stallions/colts all lost their family allowance.
Quit the game to go into CK to do some trialing safe in the knowledge the other game was still running in the background, after about 20 races i realised there wasnt really a difference in the horses times/performance, they didnt get arsey at the start anymore, this was probably the only plus point.
I thought stuff it quit this one and get back to my original game where all my nags were entire, then.............. the screen when black, my laptop was CLOSING DOWN!!!!

When I had turned it on and plugged it in i had forgot to flick the switch on the plug" SCHOOLBOY ERROR-BIG TIME"!

After I'd kicked the cats head in and told the mr's i wanted a divorce i finally calmed down enough to flick the switch and turn my laptop back on, loaded up my game and there they were......... :evil: 42 GELDINGS :evil: !!!!!!

47 seasons of breeding down the toilet, anyways i may be a newbie but i have some great advice for any trainer...........
1)DONT GELD IT :roll: :roll:
2)DONT GELD IT :roll: :roll:
3)DONT GELD IT :roll: :roll:
........................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

Thu Apr 15, 2010 1:03 pm
Group 1 winner

You know you could have probably got the same results just gelding 5 or 6 of them. :D :D

Thu Apr 15, 2010 1:10 pm
Group 3 winner

Hindsight is a wonderful matey. :lol: :lol:

Thu Apr 15, 2010 1:28 pm
Group 1 winner

harsh mate. im about to start a new game anyway

just deleting the 67 game season i have now because ive learned from the better trainers now and am gunna start again on hard

Thu Apr 15, 2010 2:11 pm
Group 3 winner

Does the difficuilty level make a difference to your horses??
Do you get better game horses to breed with??

Thu Apr 15, 2010 2:26 pm
Handicapper

Apparently you start with fewer horses and less money and that is supposed to be the only difference. I always start on hard because I thought that the other horses would be better so I'd have better horses to start with when breeding, just a theory of course.

I have also have created a powerful database where I run complex statistical analysis programs in order to determine best breeding pair, this encompasses full data analysis of lineage. Did you really buy that? :lol:

Thu Apr 15, 2010 2:41 pm
Group 3 winner

scotty64 wrote:

Apparently you start with fewer horses and less money and that is supposed to be the only difference. I always start on hard because I thought that the other horses would be better so I'd have better horses to start with when breeding, just a theory of course.

I have also have created a powerful database where I run complex statistical analysis programs in order to determine best breeding pair, this encompasses full data analysis of lineage. Did you really buy that? :lol:

To be fair CrazyBoy, you must have a pretty powerful database as your donkeys are proving to be a tad better than most.....well all of ours so to answer your question, if you did want to sell this formula you have devised then yes I would BUY it. :lol:

Thu Apr 15, 2010 2:50 pm
Selling plater

lol that did have me going for a sec.

Can I ask a question, do you do jockey instructions?

Thu Apr 15, 2010 3:07 pm
Handicapper

Yep always, it doesn't guarantee that they'll follow it but they do so far more than when you don't give instructions, it's essential that you do in my view.

Thu Apr 15, 2010 3:17 pm
Group 1 winner

All l can say is listen and take note, these last few weeks l have had advice from JPB, DB and the Duke. Im on season 4 and l just trailed all my 2yo from old games and the league. It has given me my fastest 2yo at 5f in first breeding season!!!! I thought l knew some things but to all newbies take advice from these people there is som much info available from top trainers and IS very very usefull. Hope l can mount a challenge to these guys next year now.

Thu Apr 15, 2010 3:55 pm
Group 3 winner

All l can say is listen and take note, these last few weeks l have had advice from JPB, DB and the Duke. Im on season 4 and l just trailed all my 2yo from old games and the league. It has given me my fastest 2yo at 5f in first breeding season!!!! I thought l knew some things but to all newbies take advice from these people there is som much info available from top trainers and IS very very usefull. Hope l can mount a challenge to these guys next year now.

what advice they given you to achieve that mike??
come on, i've shared my super "DONT GELD" secret now your turn. :lol:

Thu Apr 15, 2010 4:10 pm
Group 1 winner

Blood lines mate. By far the best info l got. Sounds daft had it before but didnt really understand it. I was thinking G1 and how many races horses have won but it aint. Trail every horse in CK before even thinking of putting it in barn. I just thought about Group 1 wins mate and if they won 4 breed. NO its all about blood lines and CK. If you got 26 group 1 winning horse who runs last in CK there is no point breeding. For example l got a 2yo who has won 1 race out of 4 and finished midfield in other 3. Put him in CK he constantly in my top 4. So at end of 3yo season will whack him in barn. Its still early and it might not prove to be right but out of 2 horses home bred 1 turns out to be my best!!!!!

Thu Apr 15, 2010 4:19 pm
Group 3 winner

I'll give it a go, nothing to lose, now i've lopped all my colts weeners off!!
:lol:
Cheers bud.

Thu Apr 15, 2010 4:28 pm
Group 1 winner

Thu Apr 15, 2010 7:06 pm
Group 3 winner

Unfortunately not, I was always gonna do it later.......... :lol:

Thu Apr 15, 2010 8:09 pm
Reply to topic   [ 21 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next