View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon May 06, 2024 12:10 am

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
 This is ridiculous 
Selling plater

Post This is ridiculous
Has anyone else had this,in the summary of the race an horse of mine was quoted as tried to lead,always behind never competitive.
Now unless my eyes were deceiving me but my horse started the race second last way behind the one that started first and during the race never made any ground at all and finished last.
this has not happened just once,this quote is down in the form book on all three runs i have given it and at no time has the horse tried to lead the race.Has this is happening every time i run the horse it is obvious these comments are generated before the race is run and the jockey instructions are worthless. :evil:

Tue Apr 27, 2010 5:43 pm
Group 1 winner

I've had this. Mostly in the NH though. I've had the jockey say 'raced handy, could never get competitive' But the form said 'settled early, outpaced' It's possible that the horse might sulk when taken on which is why it never gets to the front. See what the head lad says. I don't think the comments are pre-determined. Try different tactics or riding it yourself and see what you think. I think I'd sell this horse, doesn't sound like it's much good, possibly not worth continuing with.

Tue Apr 27, 2010 6:00 pm
Selling plater

I did try different tactics like telling the jockey to miss the break,also tried hold up challenge later but to no avail the form book still said try to lead.
Got sick of this and now sold it. :twisted:

Wed Apr 28, 2010 5:14 pm
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]