View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed May 01, 2024 6:17 pm

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
 How do you find a good sprinter? 
Group 1 winner

Post How do you find a good sprinter?
This has been touched on, but I am finding it impossible to find a good one. I'm trying to breed one but they keep wanting 7f once they reach 3. I've won G1's from 7f-2m4f but I can't win them at 5 or 6f. I've won listed and G3 races but the G2's and G1's still elude me after 11 seasons, any tips?

Sat May 08, 2010 2:46 pm
When you get a top 5f or 6f stallion its alot easier, dont know how you find them, you just come across them I suppose.

Sat May 08, 2010 6:30 pm
Group 1 winner

Used plenty of those on a mare who was better than average who wanted 6f. But as I said all the offspring seem to want 7f as 3yo and generally not be that good anyway.

Sat May 08, 2010 6:35 pm
Group 1 winner

Sat May 08, 2010 6:46 pm
Group 2 winner

Used plenty of those on a mare who was better than average who wanted 6f. But as I said all the offspring seem to want 7f as 3yo and generally not be that good anyway.

What might explain that is, the Stallion might have had the stamina for 7f, but it's running style might have been "handy" or "force pace", so it needed one less furlong before it burned out.

keep shopping, you'll find them..

Sat May 08, 2010 6:47 pm
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]