View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon May 06, 2024 7:12 pm

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
 help for a newbie 
Selling plater

Post help for a newbie
Ok i got Starters Orders 4 a couple of days ago, id played another very similar game years ago when i was younger and wanted a game similar, and starters orders came up in google, i played the demo and it was perfect, so i bought it.

Ok so ive got the basics training, buying, racing etc. However my biggest problem is making money, keeping good horses and buying just as good/better ones, and even turning a disaster horse into a good one.

Is there any advice someone could offer me on this, my game currently stands that i have one good horse, i started with it as a 2 year old and he won a group race 3 for two year olds, hes very good and strong over his distance.

The problem is, hes all ive got im £10,000 in dept and i have another few horses and none of them can win anything. Thanks.

Fri Sep 17, 2010 10:56 pm
Group 3 winner

Depends what lvl your trying.

That asides I found it best to start a few games. If you get a good horse the transfer option is brilliant, transfer the good horse to the pool and when you get a game where you can actually make money and buy a breeding barn, you could transfer all your good horses into that game then use them to breed.

Sat Sep 18, 2010 2:07 am
Handicapper

One thing I've found really handy is to buy a horse that lost it's last few races (usually handicaps), one that's been run over distances that aren't it's preference. I never pay over $10,000 for one of these horses and prefer them to be around $2-3,000. Then, once it's recovered to full fitness, enter it into a selling race over it's pref distance and you should usually get between $15-$40,000 for it if it wins. I've made literally hundreds of thousands doing just this. Then you're set up to buy the breeding barn at which point you can practically print money. Buy/retire one stallion and buy/retire as many cheap, cheap mares as you can, breed them all and sell the foals when they turn two. Usually get between $60-$300,000 per foal at the auctions by doing this, even for absolutely craptastically bred ones.

Mind you, all of this is on easy level, so I have no idea whether it would work on the higher levels.

One piece of advice specifically for your situation would be to enter all your useless horses into sellers over their distances and hope they win and rake in some money for you. Selling them outright at the auctions wont get you as much money as if you race them in sellers (providing they win) And keep your decent horse for breeding later on.

Can't think of anything else to add, good luck!

Sat Sep 18, 2010 3:43 am
Selling plater

thanks guys, ive managed to get something sorted in this save but then i started again, ive managed the basics and ive managed get a few decent horses only buying at the end of the season, selling the poorer horses the following, not yet breeding waiting on a couple of my best horses to age and retire them before doing so.

Sat Sep 18, 2010 9:50 pm
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]