View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu May 16, 2024 10:34 pm

Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
 between end of season and start of next 
Selling plater

Post between end of season and start of next
Any tips on what is best to do with your horses between end of season and begining of new one. Am doing a flat season and am wondering even thou i set my horses to train up on agility or starting at the end of the season (nov) when you pass the end of season awards and 2yr old auctions and then start a new season in feb has my horses been training up on agility or starting for the 4 winter months or is it just a void in the game. if its a void then when is best to train a horse up on agility or starting as i like to keep my horses regulary racing through the summer months so am resting them then setting to amber then to red so no time to do agilty training. Many thanks for any help

Thu Oct 14, 2010 6:54 pm
Selling plater

any help on this guys plz, just basically want to know if i have a horse training on say... ability at the end of the flat season and leave it til start of the flat season (nov to feb) has my horse had 3 ish months training on ability or is it just one day as the game just skips those winter months

Sun Oct 17, 2010 1:08 pm
Group 1 winner

i think the game just freezes in off season but i dont have an answer for you only mark can tell you that

Sun Oct 17, 2010 2:06 pm
Profile WWW
Group 3 winner

Not sure as like most I play simple training but I would suspect the training methods will take effect over the winter period. There was something about training methods, mainly getting horses fit for the start of a season in the old manual (not sure about the SO4 manual as shame on me I haven`t read it) so with that in mind I would assume all training methods would take effect over the winter period on the flat and summer period over jumps.
I could be very wrong though if the game is set up to mirror real life where horses may go back to pasture during the close season. So as said, only Mark can say for sure. It would be nice to know.

Sun Oct 17, 2010 11:08 pm
Selling plater

looks like it does freeze at end of season, i wonder what happens if you choose flat/jump season but just intend on doing flat, would the jumps season be handy to just train up your horse on ability and starting for those winter months thus having a better chance of getting the skill up because you would have more time rather then just missing the winter months completly on flat only season

Sat Oct 23, 2010 3:28 pm
Group 1 winner

I don't know, because I don't use it, but from what I have gathered from people's posts in SO2,3 and 4 is that the skills do rise but very very slowly so it may be a pointless venture. I don't know though, I prefer to stick to simple training.

Sat Oct 23, 2010 3:38 pm
Selling plater

your probably right supercat it maybe pointless. ive had the bars move a little but its takes too long when your keeping your horses fit n racing. i guess if they r poor then they will never be great

Sun Oct 24, 2010 12:26 pm
Reply to topic   [ 7 posts ]