View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu May 16, 2024 12:50 pm

Reply to topic  [ 12 posts ] 
 Breeding !! 
Handicapper

Post Breeding !!
Does anyone have any tips on this part of the game what to look for what to do as a general rule etc etc as its pretty clear that there are some secret tips that some may know as they continue to get good horses one after another. I seen to get average horses and never anything special so was hoping those more in the know would let go some info so us mortals could at least try and become competitive.

Is using art money a huge advantage when kicking off a t the start of game or does doing the old fashioned way have just as good a prospects even though it takes longer to get off the ground and running?

just looking for some general info if possible.

Thu Oct 28, 2010 2:56 pm
Group 1 winner

keep an eye on it would be my main tip - i have only hold up horses and fast ground horses as i lost other traits by not concentrating on breeding properly.

trial in ck and only keep best horses for breeding

i started a season and went through 10 seasons buying any good horses from auction. those that trialled well went to a new game which i then used those horses in as a starting group for breeding.

Thu Oct 28, 2010 6:36 pm
Selling plater

Don't use Art money - it's cheating and I can't see the point of it. Build your stable up. Try and breed with star colts/fillies if you have the money if not. Sooner or later you'll find a horse that can sneak a few wins in Conditions races that you can sell for a few quid.

Thu Oct 28, 2010 9:29 pm
Group 1 winner

art money gives you a good start when you start winning group ones you
wont need it players play in different ways me using art money does not
effect anyone else so there is no problem in using it but if you want to be ultra
realistic then don’t use it but will take you many years to get to a
decent level I would never sway you in any direction with art money that is
wrong people should not impose there beliefs on you EACH TO THERE OWN

Fri Oct 29, 2010 4:46 am
Profile WWW
Group 1 winner

I use Art Money at the start of my first season say about 35 million pounds. I then go through SO4 and buy anything I can that as potential from auctions to 2 year old sales at the start of the year, then after about 5 years maybe longer you will have some brilliant horses from the breeding as well then you could change your Art Money back down to a lower level or maybe pay back the money that you started with, call it a bank loan if you like. So, you have and haven't cheated. :wink:

Fri Oct 29, 2010 8:29 am
Handicapper

Something I've never really thought about till now but, can you move a horse from One game and put it in another game, and also in the program data files what is the breeding imports folder used for. I know its possible self explanatory but I have tried putting horses in it but wouldn't know where to look for them in the game. A little help would be appreciated if anyones got any ideas!

Fri Oct 29, 2010 10:53 am
Selling plater

Have got an ok flat only yard and breeding barn, started a jumpers only yard and really struggling need a cash injection ,have just read of ART MONEY have not seen or heard before can it be accessed from within the normal game if so how please

Fri Oct 29, 2010 5:07 pm
Group 1 winner

Have got an ok flat only yard and breeding barn, started a jumpers only yard and really struggling need a cash injection ,have just read of ART MONEY have not seen or heard before can it be accessed from within the normal game if so how please

Here try this link:

http://gallopracerseries.yuku.com/topic/16067

Good luck.

Sat Oct 30, 2010 4:54 am
Handicapper

Something I've never really thought about till now but, can you move a horse from One game and put it in another game,

If you go on the horse data in game under where it says blinkers etc it should have a transfer to game pool button, press that on a horse you want to transfer to another game (i use my flat bred stayers in the jump only games), then wait until end of the season, the horse will move from your stable. Quit the game, load up another game you want to import the horse too. When the game is loaded on main menu near my data is a Transfer pool button or something like that. Click that it will take you to a screen your horse should be there, click import into game, then press ESC on keyboard to exit to game menu. Your horse should be there in your game and ready to go.

Hope this helps only difference is once its moved its moved.

Sat Oct 30, 2010 9:51 am
Selling plater

Many thanks for help with Art Money Exxplozion,my consience and lack of computer skills got the better of me ,so will just hope i can raise more than 1k next time i sell a jumper,

Sun Oct 31, 2010 11:12 am
Handicapper

Why dont you buy an horse rated about 80 get it well handicapped and hav it rate off lol

Sun Oct 31, 2010 2:19 pm
Group 1 winner

Many thanks for help with Art Money Exxplozion,my consience and lack of computer skills got the better of me ,so will just hope i can raise more than 1k next time i sell a jumper,

Your welcome good luck using it.

Sun Oct 31, 2010 5:37 pm
Reply to topic   [ 12 posts ]