View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu May 02, 2024 6:14 pm

Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
 CK breeding question. 
Group 1 winner

Post CK breeding question.
I wasn't sure whether to put this here or on the league discussion. But here goes.

I was wondering what some of the people playing the league do about this. I had a game horse who I only ran 5 or 6 times but he couldn't win a thing, he was placed almost every time but was never better than 3rd in group races. Statistically he was a very good looking horse, fast with good acceleration and enough stamina for 1m4f.

Disappointed, I was going to get rid of him but I had a 'light bulb moment' and decided to export him and between 1m2f-1m5/6f he was consistently up there in the top 3-4 against horses that were absolutely thrashing him in the game. So I kept him, raced him another couple of times where his still didn't do very well so I retired him, his first 2yo's have just come out and they look ok (none raced yet, just on stat bars).

My question is, if I were looking to make a league horse is this the right thing to do? I have only put him with the best mares who also trial well in the CK. I still don't want to enter the league but I want to breed the best possible, so would this be the right way to go about it?

Sat Nov 13, 2010 11:25 am
Group 1 winner

For the league i would say that yes it is a must to trial and then breed the best performers with each other from the CK, Good CK male with good CK female hopefully should result in better foals who will then in turn beat there parents in the CK. I must stress that from new horses i breed i only probably get 1 or 2 that end up making the grade, there are normally an awful lot of cast aways.

If however you are not interested in the league, then i would simply keep playing and pairing horses without even trialing, the best game horses are not always the best CK horses so it would not matter to do trialing and keep a CK superstar when anyone of the horses it has beat could be a monster game horse.

Only my opinion, hope that helps.

Sat Nov 13, 2010 12:39 pm
Group 1 winner

Sat Nov 13, 2010 3:57 pm
Group 3 winner

Ok, been curious for too long now, what is CK?

Sat Nov 13, 2010 4:07 pm
Group 1 winner

Sat Nov 13, 2010 4:14 pm
Handicapper

I used to look at the stats bar when breeding just like you. I used to try to breed to full speed and acceleration bar. But I found out its pointless. You can't judge a horse by the stats bar.

I now only breed the best stallions with the best mares. And I don't go by how many G1's it has won. I go by the time posted in winning races. If your horse is posting very fast times in Race Builder then breed it, otherwise delete/retire from game. And breed with faster gamebreds instead.

As an example below is one of my current filly. I bred a Gamebred with one of my mare and got the filly below.

Sun Nov 14, 2010 6:19 am
Group 1 winner

Thanks for your replies. I'd like to get my SO4 breeding down so that when SO5 is released I can hopefully get a really strong stable together and enter the league. Although I've had a bit of a disaster and spilled water on my computer this morning in the middle of the Derby it's in the airing cupboard now so hopefully tomorrow it'll turn on and everything will be fine. :? Fingers crossed everyone!!!

Sun Nov 14, 2010 5:56 pm
Reply to topic   [ 7 posts ]