View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:18 pm

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
 "Care! You may be over racing this horse" message 
Selling plater

Post "Care! You may be over racing this horse" message
I am getting this message on my new homebred unraced 2 year olds quite often. The message appears before they have trialled or raced. I have also got it on a 3 year old filly at the start of the season before she has raced or trialled and she only had 3 starts as a 2 yeard old. Any ideas?

Mon Nov 29, 2010 6:30 am
Group 1 winner

at very start of season your horses are not ready to race they need between 2&7 days b4 racing to get them in top condition prob why you get this message

Mon Nov 29, 2010 1:08 pm
Profile WWW
Group 1 winner

I've got this on lots of my horses. If they're 2yo's I give them 1 run. I've found if you don't it continues into their 3yo year and they need extra time between races. If they're 3yo's give it a run, see how it does. Then give it a break of 4-6 weeks. The comment may have disappeared now. If not give it another run, if it does well then enter it, as you would any other horse, into it's next race and the comment should have gone. If it doesn't go then keep entering it and see how it does, but maybe keep it's runs widely spaced.

I don't know if it's an error or not but it'll be really obvious if a horse like this has had enough because it will just not show it's true form and will be extremely disappointing. Hope this helps.

Mon Nov 29, 2010 1:29 pm
Selling plater

I have run the 3 year old but the message remains. She is running OK so I guess I will just space her runs.

Mon Nov 29, 2010 8:43 pm
Selling plater

I get that message a lot at the beginning of the season as well. With some of the horses the freshness bar seems okay but they run badly. Maybe the horse isn't very good or maybe there's something actually wrong but I still consider them okay for breeding in some circumstances.

But with other horses the freshness bar never even comes close to reaching the top even at the beginning of the season or after a long rest after a race.

Sat Jan 01, 2011 12:10 pm
Selling plater

I get that message a lot at the beginning of the season as well. With some of the horses the freshness bar seems okay but they run badly. Maybe the horse isn't very good or maybe there's something actually wrong but I still consider them okay for breeding in some circumstances.

But with other horses the freshness bar never even comes close to reaching the top even at the beginning of the season or after a long rest after a race.

Sat Jan 01, 2011 12:12 pm
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ]