View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun May 05, 2024 3:50 am

Reply to topic  [ 15 posts ] 
 Takes a while, but finally got a great sprinter 
Group 3 winner

Post Takes a while, but finally got a great sprinter
Finally got a great sprinter, homebred. The mare was a sprinter, the stallion was a mile and a half horse, threw up this great sprinter. Going to retire to stud soon, but keep waiting for a replacement, but great sprinters are few and far between.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Mon Nov 29, 2010 10:43 am
Selling plater

great horse you have , any ideas why mine can beat donkeys?head lad says geld it but this is homebred and want him in my breeding barn

Mon Nov 29, 2010 12:26 pm
Selling plater

Mon Nov 29, 2010 12:27 pm
Selling plater

Mon Nov 29, 2010 12:27 pm
Selling plater

Mon Nov 29, 2010 12:34 pm
Selling plater

Mon Nov 29, 2010 12:45 pm
Selling plater

image above, struggling to win ,yet stats look excellent,any ideas? head lad says geld him but want him in my breeding barn. Sorry about all failed attempts one day may get the hang of modern tech.

Rovers till i die

Mon Nov 29, 2010 12:50 pm
Group 1 winner

They both look like really good horses on their stats. Well done on that horse neves it's great. I'm still waiting for a great sprinter, 15 or so seasons in... I've had a couple win listed/g3 races but I've never won a sprint G1! Apart from the Chevely/Middle park, but they're different.

After seeing that horse I'm really excited about one of mine, I got to my whit's end trying to breed great game sprint mares/stallions with my average sprinters and getting nothing except a wasted stud fee! So last season I tried putting one of the best game sprinters ever to my two fastest mares, one wants 1m and the other 1m1f-2f. I wasn't optimistic but I'm feeling quite excited about what might come out of it now!

tombc, keep trying. Stats don't mean a lot and sprinters are the most difficult horses to come across. Keep breeding the best together, maybe try something different like neves did and you might eventually get something great. I've had a couple with stats like yours but usually the better the stats the worse the horse. Look at my horse Olive Oyl, when I first saw it as a 2yo I was going to sell it without running it but she annihilated her Oaks field and will hopefully continue to do so in all her other races.

Mon Nov 29, 2010 1:25 pm
Group 1 winner

stat bars can be very missleading it can look like you have a superstar and yet they cant win at group level mark has said many times the stat bars are only a minor guide

Mon Nov 29, 2010 2:03 pm
Profile WWW
Group 1 winner

its all in the breeding mate you need to cross game g1 winners with your homebred g1 winners i just don't think your horsei s good enough but you will get there all down to breeding

Last edited by pjrhodes1970 on Tue Nov 30, 2010 8:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

Mon Nov 29, 2010 2:04 pm
Profile WWW
Group 1 winner

neves_rats that is a top class horse well done lovley sprinter

Mon Nov 29, 2010 2:07 pm
Profile WWW
Group 3 winner

neves_rats that is a top class horse well done lovley sprinter

Cheers mate, she only got beat when I tried once or twice to nick 5 furlong races, prix l'abbeye etc, and once when I got the dreaded 'we lost this before the off' (note the red triangle on the bad run). As I've said, would like to retire her to stud and see if I can breed another champion sprinter from her, but, as yet don't have a ready replacement.

Might just retire her anyway as it's got to the point where, as long as I enter her in a six furlong race, she wins every time and to be honest there's no fun in knowing you're gonna win.

p.s. how do you get the slightly smaller screen shot rather than the full blown one I imported?

Mon Nov 29, 2010 3:22 pm
Selling plater

not a it wizard, when uploading to image shack i was offered various sizes this one is 800/600 15inch monitor hope thats some help.

Rovers till i die

Mon Nov 29, 2010 8:31 pm
Group 3 winner

Probably too late but you can always send the horse to the transfer pool and wait till you have something else to breed with then transfer back.

Fri Dec 03, 2010 11:24 pm
Group 3 winner

slightly too late dragon, have retired her to stud and await developements. As I said earlier, it does get boring when you 'know' your horse is going to win. With Melting Hearts it got to the stage where If I entered her in any 6 furlong race, she won, where's the fun in that? When I was entering for the Dubai festival I have 2 up and coming sprinters that might be decent so I decided to retire her.

Sat Dec 04, 2010 10:19 am
Reply to topic   [ 15 posts ]