View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri May 03, 2024 12:40 am

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
 MAC does it work? Would really like to know!!! 
Selling plater

Post MAC does it work? Would really like to know!!!
OK so I was looking to buy a Mac but if starters orders doesn't work on it then its a waste of time right?!!! :) If it wasnt for this game I would have a social life lol Paco Boy wins in Hong Kong next week

Fri Dec 03, 2010 11:11 pm
Group 1 winner

Does it work - Yes & No. Using OSX, no, though I believe Mark is looking at making SO5 iPad and iPhone compatible but I don't know about Macbooks. Since OSX switched it's core to Linux, things have become a little bit easier to integrate, but Mac owning windows haters are now few and far between so might not be worthwhile.
However, since Macintosh have switched to Intel processors, you can quite easily partition the drive, install windows, and then boot to choice on start-up so yes. Alternatively, you can use Virtualization software and run both side by side. I find Fusion 3 the best if that option was of interest, (Parrallels & VirtualBox other options to look at) but obviously it has it's demands on your machine so you need to look hi-spec if going down that route.
If it's an older Mac(pre-intel) your looking at, which I presume it isn't but just in case, you could probably pick up a copy of MacWindows on eBay for a few bob and it may run on that. SO2 needed a few tweaks to run smoothly but SO3 was no problem at all so I would expect it to.

Sat Dec 04, 2010 12:22 am
Reply to topic   [ 2 posts ]