View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 2:37 am

Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
 Horses running freely 
Selling plater

Post Horses running freely
Can anybody give any tips as to correct this when racing. Often i get horses that run freely, even if they win with the jockeys feedback.
Horses that have also been gelded often say this after the race too, was just wondering if anybody had any help/tips to correct this.

Tue Dec 21, 2010 11:53 pm
Group 1 winner

Ignore it?? Unless a horse is visibly free just ignore it. If you search horses running freely there are lots of threads about it. Might explain it a bit better.

Wed Dec 22, 2010 8:52 am
Selling plater

Post Re: Horses running freely
danhedaz wrote:
Can anybody give any tips as to correct this when racing. Often i get horses that run freely, even if they win with the jockeys feedback.
Horses that have also been gelded often say this after the race too, was just wondering if anybody had any help/tips to correct this.

if a horse runs freely with pacifiers get rid of em

Mon Jan 03, 2011 4:06 pm
Group 1 winner

No actually if a horse is running freely WITHOUT pacifiers and if it isn't winning then get rid of it. A pacifier in this game will only sharpen a horse up, not calm it down.

Mon Jan 03, 2011 4:12 pm
Selling plater

No actually if a horse is running freely WITHOUT pacifiers and if it isn't winning then get rid of it. A pacifier in this game will only sharpen a horse up, not calm it down.

This.

In my experience over jumps my horses ALWAYS run freely, it doesn't seem to effect performance. There's a big difference between running freely and refusing to settle. Running freely over jumps doesn't mean much, refusing to settle/running very keenly means it's probably not for the jumps game.
On the flat I've never had a female horse run freely, with males it always seems to mean it needs gelding, pacifiers don't ever seem to help. Horses that don't need pacifiers simply will not settle with them on.

Mon Jan 03, 2011 4:34 pm
Group 1 winner

I agree running freely means nothing in the jumps game.

I've played over 100 seasons with a jumps only game, and it didn't effect my league horses at all.

Mon Jan 03, 2011 4:41 pm
Selling plater

No actually if a horse is running freely WITHOUT pacifiers and if it isn't winning then get rid of it. A pacifier in this game will only sharpen a horse up, not
calm it down.
i ment get rid of the pacifier

Mon Jan 03, 2011 6:41 pm
Reply to topic   [ 7 posts ]